Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Moonpig for iPhone. Genius!

Like how the BBC 6 o' clock news claimed the iPhone 5 had 'just' been announced when no such thing has happened.

Comment

4s it is then, not sure for once I will bother.

Comment

Iphone 4s STOP GAP GET !!!!! last years look all new guts. The iphone5 is just a glint in the milkmans eye at present.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 04-10-2011, 20:55.

Comment

Well there's finally a 64GB one. If (and this is a big if, given lack of availability of iPhone 4 models for ages) I can get one at a price that doesn't require me to sell my children, I'll get one. If I can scrounge together some more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Well there's finally a 64GB one.
            Infinity Blade 2 will be 45GB

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              All the phone shops are doing 3GS' at crazy prices to quickly **** stock.
              Looks like we may only see the iPhone 4s with its fancy A5 processor and voice command stuff along with the same improved aerials from the CDMA models.

S is for signal

Edit
              Apple spellcheck would rather say **** that shift
              LOL - Love how you'd rather edit that the mistake was made instead of just correcting it!

Comment

Any good sites to read up on it or is the article on yahoo as good as any?

Liking the idea of the "ask it a question and it will give you the answer" although I doubt it will work anything like I am picturing in my head (essentially the Star Trek computer).

Hoping decent deals come out on a 32gb 4 now....

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                  Any good sites to read up on it or is the article on yahoo as good as any?

Liking the idea of the "ask it a question and it will give you the answer" although I doubt it will work anything like I am picturing in my head (essentially the Star Trek computer).

Hoping decent deals come out on a 32gb 4 now....
                  Funny thing is, the Iphone will already do that to some extend, you can ask it the time and it will tell you. tis one of those things people rarely know about.

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                    It's even better than that, if it works how it did in the briefing. It's basically a robot PA.

Schedule the meeting for 4pm
                    You already have a meeting booked for 4pm with Dave
                    Oh, text Dave "we're moving the meeting to five"
                    Message sent
                    Reschedule the meeting with Dave to 5pm
                    Rescheduled that for you
                    Schedule the new meeting for 4pm
                    That's now scheduled
                    Now I'm going to bed. Wake me up at 3.
                    Alarm set
                    And when I wake up, fire some birds at a rickety wooden structure.

Or perhaps in reality...

I don't understand
                    I don't understand
                    The meeting
                    I don't understand
                    Meeting
                    I don't understand
                    ME-E-ETING
                    I don't understand
                    Oh **** off, Siri
                    Certainly, shutting down

Comment

No , honestly it is truly truly slick. If you have an Idevice, download dragon dictation, it's free, that is the same engine that powers siri.

Comment

I'm vaguely disappointed, however I'm in for a 4s, should be quite a leap from my knackered 3GS I've been nursing.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Funny thing is, the Iphone will already do that to some extend, you can ask it the time and it will tell you. tis one of those things people rarely know about.
                          I have just tried and failed. I know it can phone your contacts though and change songs or whatever...

Comment

"what time is it?"

Comment

Me: What time is it?
                              iPhone: "Calling 20 228... etc"

fail.

Comment

Bit dissapointed too. Was expecting a bit more. I know it's amazingly more powerful that the 4 but was at least expecting it to look different, have a bigger screen or something!? I'm due an upgrade in December so might get one anyway but I'll be raging if the 5 comes out next June now and I'm 6 months in to an 18 month contract. Probably all part of their masterplan though.

Comment

Working...
                                X