Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know why the youtube search sucks so much on the iphone? Seems to only find a fraction of the stuff you'd expect on the site and I'm lucky if I get 3 or 4 relevant videos.

Comment

I'd imagine it's because the iPhone can only play the h264 encoded videos (think it's that codec) it can't play the flash based videos. Maybe they've updated the firmware to not show the ones you can't play. It was more annoying when you'd go to play a video and it told you it wasn't supported

Comment

Do you want to know what is crazy? I was the one who made the original subtitled Shimajiro video titled "Japanese toilet training". Loads of idiots copied it adding their own subs that weren't even accurate. Anyway after chalking up a few million hits, Benese, the copyright holders had it removed. It's been off normal YouTube for over a year yet you can still access the video via an iPhone! How's that?

Comment

Why isn't there an official XBOX LIVE app on the iPhone?

Rather, why are there 2 unofficial ones that people are charging for, thus making profit from the xbox.com data which they aren't allowed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            Why isn't there an official XBOX LIVE app on the iPhone?
            Because Microsoft are going to want you to be playing XBLA games on Windows Mobile 7.

Comment

I don't want to play play XBLA games, I just want to be able to see my friends/send messages/achievements on my iPhone without paying a third party for a (****) app.

MS have said they won't allow people to charge for the data used, yet they are!

Comment

No, I know that's what you mean't. I just meant that MS have no interest in you accessing Live for anything from a competing phone. Hence no official app from them (for anything Live related).

I guess it's not really MS that are letting people charge for the data... it's Apple that have approved the copyright theft. They basically just scrape the data off the web pages.

Comment

That's the amazing thing, they must all use xbox.com but they are all bloody ****e! Friendz used to be good (and used to be free, now costs!) but it's appalling, slow and I usually give up and use Safari to access xbox.com!

Seems daft to me, I'm not switching to a Windows 7 phone and they could charge 99p and make a ****load of money from it.

Comment

LOL yep. Well, Microsoft seem to be making a few rubbish decisions in the mobile area at the moment eh!

Comment

I use 360 Live. It loads in all the friends data in about 5 seconds on my iP4 and works really well. It only costs £1.19 and I was fine with paying that for it.

Comment

Good to know but I'm afraid I'm not willing to pay for an unofficial app, they aren't supposed to be charging.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          Good to know but I'm afraid I'm not willing to pay for an unofficial app, they aren't supposed to be charging.
                          Why not just sign into the website using safari, it's not lightning fast but gives you everything you're after doesn't it ?

Comment

Babylonian Twins is free at the mo

Comment

Crap name, but quite an amusing looking app.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Crap name, but quite an amusing looking app.

http://www.epicwinapp.com/
                                That look ****ing fantastic! Hope its free!

Comment

Working...
                                X