Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have just been playing DDP DFK on the tube. Good times. Certainly seems to push the iPhone a lot harder than Galuda II!

Comment

It's bloody brilliant.

Really want to learn Power Style a lot more.

Just reached top 3 for Type C Power Style and top 10 for Type C Strong Style.

Good stuff!

Comment

I just played DDP too... It's flipping amazing how Cave managed to do a shoot em up on the iphone this polished!

It puts other shoot em ups on the iphone to shame (that 1942 one from Capcom springs to mind) and Cave shows that this kinda game can be done properly on the iphone!

Comment

Been playing a game called Final Freeway which just came out, very similar to Outrun minus the branching paths, it's pretty good actually, would be even better if they update it at some point to include extra paths.

Comment

Got R-type.

The good news? Configurable control types! Virtual pad, tilt or Cave style controls.

That bad news? The touch controls make the game trivial (I sucked at R-type but I did the first 3 levels here without dying once) , the virtual pad is typically rubbish.

Comment

New game by Chair (Shadow Complex) and Epic called Project Sword, looks swish...and you can download a little tech demo for it now.

Can't believe I'm seeing this on the iphone o_0 Seems to run pretty well too.

Comment

Yeah, it looks real pretty.
                Probably $99 to license + 25% royalties.

Comment

I did laugh at Carmack's twitter post regarding the Apple keynote... He says Apple said if they wanted to feature in the keynote (with their Rage stuff) then they couldn't show it at Quakecon Hence why you saw Project Sword last night instead

Comment

Originally posted by Phar View Post
                    Been playing a game called Final Freeway which just came out, very similar to Outrun minus the branching paths, it's pretty good actually, would be even better if they update it at some point to include extra paths.

Pretty great.

For a compelte clone of Outrun but really enjoyable.

59p is just such a bargain for some of the stuff on the store at the moment.

Comment

Speaking of which, Robot Unicorn Attack is 59p today

Comment

anyone "played" epic citadel. Its powered by the unreal engine and i was gobsmacked when i saw it running on my touch

bri

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bwi View Post
                            anyone "played" epic citadel. Its powered by the unreal engine and i was gobsmacked when i saw it running on my touch

bri
                            Oh yes. Downloaded that myself today. Amazing what they've pulled off. I ran it on my 3Gs. So smooth yet so detailed. Very impressive!

Comment

Bought iCollect videogames App today. Hoping to start keeping a track off everything I own.

It's pretty good so far. You can scan or search by barcode or title and change the cover art.

I've done my 19 Wii games so far with minimal problems. It seems that the database is communal so you're at the mercy of what people have entered but it takes seconds to edit entries.

Comment

I spent 1 hour on the bog playing stair dismount. I don't know why but pushing the little block guy of the edge was so much fun. Recommended!!

By the way, isn't the spell checker or word changer on the iPhone a load of crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X