Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also spent way too much time in Game Dev Story. I'm 20 years in, with about 500million in the bank. I've released two consoles, each of which dominated the marketplace. My games consistently sell at least 4 million in the first week and always go over 15 million, and sometimes up to 20. But my ratings are always between 34 and 38, and I never won GOTY. I shall cry myself to sleep on my piles of money.

Incidentally, my biggest selling game was Pocket Golf, a golf simulation for the PSP with 100% realism. We sold 2 to every console owner?

Comment

By the time I can afford to get a dev license for a console, it gets dicontinued. I'm rubbish at running a games studio.

Comment

VIDEO GAME MUSIC CHALLENGE !! Bit turd with it being 8bit only but this is only volume 1 so fingers crossed for some 16bit in volume 2. On my first go I got 600 points. Not bad considering most were NES tunes and I've never owned a NES.
        Last edited by Yakumo; 20-10-2010, 09:31.

Comment

gutted, nearly had my first million seller on Game Dev

I'm 12y in and just got my playstatus dev licence, takes a lot of ringtones and gameboy shovelware to save 10m for that

if this wasn't gaming based think such a simple single screen resource managment game would bore me but add the element in that I think I'm running a game studio and it suddenly becomes all consuming.

Comment

Got £10 itunes credit left and nothing I'm looking at excites me, any suggestions for worthwhile games/apps/utils (mainly ipad but iphone is fine too).

Please don't say angry birds it looks terrible. Plants Vs Zombies looks ok but not £5.99 ok.

Comment

Angry birds is 59p and one of the best games on the marketplace its very polished, if you are after more traditional portable gaming with a bit more meat you probably need a psp or something.

Comment

Angry Birds is really overrated. I'm currently loving Solipskier, Bit.Trip Beat and Jet Car Stunts. Give them a try Kern

Comment

Will do mister!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                    Got ?10 itunes credit left and nothing I'm looking at excites me, any suggestions for worthwhile games/apps/utils (mainly ipad but iphone is fine too).

Please don't say angry birds it looks terrible. Plants Vs Zombies looks ok but not ?5.99 ok.
                    Sorry but I've got to say Angry Birds really is (IMO but I'm by no means alone!) superb, it's not sold all those copies / been rated so highly for nothing . It's by far my most played game and they keep giving out extra free content for it too. Honestly mate, I seriously recommend you give it a go.

Comment

Just tried the flash version of Solipskier and if you think angrybirds looks poor I would stay well clear of this, it may be a fun little game but its not going to win any design awards.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                        Got £10 itunes credit left and nothing I'm looking at excites me, any suggestions for worthwhile games/apps/utils (mainly ipad but iphone is fine too).

Please don't say angry birds it looks terrible. Plants Vs Zombies looks ok but not £5.99 ok.
                        Plants vs Zombies is £1.79 on the iphone and its well worth that price.

Angry birds is brilliant, not sure why youd think it looks crap.Its clever and challenging and will last you ages, which means its 59p for somthing like 100 hours of quality content.

Those are two of the best games ever made for any system (yeah its just my opinion but I think a huge ammount of other people would agree) so if you dont want them god help you when trying to spend that tenner.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 20-10-2010, 15:32.

Comment

And of course the ever legendary Fruit Ninja.

(although I would question any of the games mentioned being the best games ever made for any system XD)

Comment

There's an Angry Birds Lite that you can try out for free. Worth it too, I can't understand what people see in the game and I'm glad I tried before buying. Didn't use any such common sense for PvZ, which I tired of very quickly.

Peggle and Flight Control are the only iPhone games I can recommend personally. They're the only two I keep going back to many hours later.

Comment

Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus has a crack-like online multiplayer which directly and shamelessly rips off MW2's killstreaks, perks, levelling etc.

Comment

Fruit Ninja is terrible. It looks nice but it's fun for all of three seconds until you realise there's not much of a game there.

Blocks Mania and Blockoban are awesome. Orbital, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X