Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a good hour on Real Racing last night, control method A, brake assist turned right down and sensitivity on about 20%, seems to work for me, bit too twitchy for my liking still, but is needed for the sharp bends. Really is a superbly polished game. Will create a youtube account today so can upload some replays.

Comment

Well, I left my iphone backing up last night, only to find this morning that something had gone wrong. I restarted my laptop, opened itunes again and reconnected my iphone. On the second attempt it recognised it but said it needed to restore my iphone as there had been an error with the update. So it restored, and added the update but all my contacts, apps etc had vanished. But it then gave me the option to restore from the 'dan's iphone' backup. I didn't get a chance to see if the backup worked as I had to leave for work, but it should make it ok and return all my contacts, apps etc to me shouldn't it? It seemed to be taking forever!

Comment

Assume you've got the latest version of iTunes Dan?

Comment

Yes, it is updated. It wouldn't have put the new OS on my iphone if I hadn't would it?

Comment

Dunno I know that there was updates to iTunes recently to support the 3.0 firmware, AND, encryption of backups. Restoring does take a while though, as it copies all your music back on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
              Dunno I know that there was updates to iTunes recently to support the 3.0 firmware, AND, encryption of backups. Restoring does take a while though, as it copies all your music back on.
              Well, it gave me the option to restore from my back-up (which I left it doing) so I guess it's probably ok. Has everyone had to do this?

Oh and I know I updated itunes recently because I deleted the shortcut from desktop the other day, so I must have updated

Comment

It seems to be 50/50 whether the OS 3.0 install will wipe your iPhone and then ask you to restore, or wether it just installs on top of OS 2.2.1. Mine didn't ask me to restore afterwards, but I did a full wipe anyway to avoid any potential problems. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Ok Taka, thanks. Although I probably will be a bit anxious until I get home this evening as I can't find out if all my contacts have been restored until then. But thanks for the reassurance I shall remain positive!

Comment

It's times like this that I am glad I pay for the ME.com account to keep my contacts safe

Comment

I think I'll be getting one, but thanks for that Chris!

Comment

Haha, I'm sure you're fine mate

Comment

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in tbh... how to get free tethering with the iphone 3G (and no need to jailbreak either!)

Comment

Updated last night, and it seems ok. Only major goodie for me is MMS which seems to work a treat. Shame you still cant forward SMS's or copy and paste from SMS's. And still no sending of files via bluetooth??

Also, anyone else having problems with WiFi? Everytime I put the phone on standby it disconnects from WiFi and I have to keep manually connecting.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                              Also, anyone else having problems with WiFi? Everytime I put the phone on standby it disconnects from WiFi and I have to keep manually connecting.
                              Yeah. I had that. "Forget" the network, then re-add it. Seems to work properly again after that.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                                Updated last night, and it seems ok. Only major goodie for me is MMS which seems to work a treat. Shame you still cant forward SMS's or copy and paste from SMS's. And still no sending of files via bluetooth??

To forward a message, just click edit in the conversation and then select the message you want to forward. Some options should spring up for forwarding or selective deletion.

To copy text, just hold down on the speech bubble and hey presto, paste it into whatever you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X