Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ta for the comments on FM Jebus, gonna hold fire and see what word is on it, not short of stuff to play on it.

Comment

I'd definitely wait and hear what some more reputable people have to say (non-iTunes-reviews for instance) as £7 is a lot to shell out on a iPhone game, especially if it controls as poorly as the PSP version.

I will say though, a lot of my complaints were because it was on the PSP and I couldn't "click" where I wantced, so the iPhone version might rectify all that! Still not gonna drop best part of a tenner to find out though.

Comment

Football Manager on the iPhone = life complete.

Been playing it now and think it plays really well.

Comment

Anyone tried "Buster Red"? It's a top down shooter, has a lite version and is OpenFeint enabled. Seemed pretty fun and is cheap too!

Comment

I found Opera Mini to be about a million times faster than Safari. Good enough for me. The scrolling is a bit janky though but I have been using it in favour of Safari today.

I've played Buster Red... got boring real quickly.

Comment

I thought as much, didn't buy it in the end. Got about 100+ points on OpenFeint from the lite version though!

The reason I didn't like Opera Mini was the zoom, it's either too far in or too far out, no inbetween, no proper zooming like Safari. Fix that and I might have another look.

Reading a link thanks to someone on my twitter feed I read that apparently the compression for the sites is done server side, hence why it loads pages so much faster.

Comment

Yep, Opera Mini does indeed compress the pages. I've not noticed any rendering issues yet... I find it odd that they can support all the traffic that must be going through their servers though! Surely bought to fall over in a heap at some point. Single point of failure etc...

The zooming is a bit of a problem. Hopefully they can nail that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                  Anyone tried "Buster Red"? It's a top down shooter, has a lite version and is OpenFeint enabled. Seemed pretty fun and is cheap too!
                  It was one of OpenFeint's free games a couple of weeks back, I've really enjoyed it but there isn't that much variety from level to level.

I would have been happy to pay for quite a few of the free games that OpenFeint have given away. It's definitely worth checking each day as there's some really good stuff.

I've had loads from them and sometimes I don't play them until somebody on here recommends buying the game a couple of weeks later so I give it a go. As previously mentioned, today's game is BirdStrike which is another that I would have happily paid for.

Comment

Been reading Guerillas on the Comix app, really enjoying so far. Would pay good money to see a film version too!

Comment

opera has had a server side 'turbo' compression in its browser for while now even on the full desktop version.

Comment

Bought Dark Void Zero as i've been waiting forever for it to appear on the Japanese DSiware, turns out i should've just continued waiting...

On screen touch controls are too fiddly for this kind of game...

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                          It was one of OpenFeint's free games a couple of weeks back, I've really enjoyed it but there isn't that much variety from level to level.

I would have been happy to pay for quite a few of the free games that OpenFeint have given away. It's definitely worth checking each day as there's some really good stuff.

I've had loads from them and sometimes I don't play them until somebody on here recommends buying the game a couple of weeks later so I give it a go. As previously mentioned, today's game is BirdStrike which is another that I would have happily paid for.
                          Where do you find the daily free OpenFeint game John?

Comment

Just grab the OpenFeint app Jebus.

Comment

Ahh, thought there must be a reason for it having an app of it's own!

Comment

My "game" is free atm btw (for next 24 hours)... iTouchTheTruck. It has 1000 openfeint achievements and leaderboards. I did ask them about being free game of the day, but got nor eply. Probably thing is too crap lol. Fair enough comment I guess Could be some easy enough points though for anyone who wants them.

See if you can beat Mr Holliss' score...

Comment

Working...
                                X