Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've put up a couple of classic Choose Your Own Adventure books in iPhone form. Might be worth checking out for some nostalgia.

Comment

Uniqlock is worth a bash for silly value.

Comment

154mb!!!!

I just tried downloading it via 3G and it said "no chance matey. get yourself to a wifi thing"

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
          154mb!!!!

I just tried downloading it via 3G and it said "no chance matey. get yourself to a wifi thing"
          Ha!

STRICT iPhone App Store or Audio/Video Podcast downloading rules, I'm afraid - 10Mb limit, max over the 3G connection. Anymore than that and it's either got to be Wi-Fi or via desktop iTunes.

Comment

Aye. I still dont understand why you can't access the iTunes store via 3G though, apart from the podcast bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
              Aye. I still dont understand why you can't access the iTunes store via 3G though, apart from the podcast bit.
              Neither do I, to be honest.

That said, 3G coverage over here (and in the US) is generally rubbish, so it's probably a good thing until O2 and the other mobile phone service providers get it together on that front.

Comment

I see the MSX version of Aleste is up now. I've had a quick shot and it is an MSX emu with simulated A and B buttons on the screen and tilt control for movement. Classic eighties action ahoy. Seems a lot harder than I remember.

Comment

Katamari Damacy! Only reports I've heard so far are complaining about the framerate. Anyone brave enough to take the plunge, please report back

Comment

After reading the reviews I think I will wait to see if they patch it. There is no reason why the iphone isn't capable of a decent Katamari port. In theory it hsould be able to come pretty close to the PSP version.

Comment

SimCity should be out any day now! Also, i see there's a command & Conquer clone out...

http://toucharcade.com/2008/12/13/real-time-strategy-game-warfare-incorporated-comes-to-iphone/

Comment

iNXES is a nice update to keeping track of your xbox 360 friends. Now looks like the NXE!

Comment

I bought Katamari. Yes the frame rate is horrific. It's not just that it's choppy, it feels like the game keeps stalling. And yet the graphics are really basic. It's pants.

I need to stop buying these.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I bought Katamari. Yes the frame rate is horrific. It's not just that it's choppy, it feels like the game keeps stalling. And yet the graphics are really basic. It's pants.

I need to stop buying these.
                            Yeah i'm gutted they have botched the conversion, that would have been an instant purchase for me. Hopefully they are watching the feedback and will release a patch.

Comment

Konami to join the iPhone gaming club big stylee

Konami to bring Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Dance Dance Revolution to iPhone
                              A few hours ago we brought news that, based on a product scan that appeared in Famitsu Weekly, it seemed Metal Gear would be heading to the iPhone. This morning we found solid confirmation of that.  From Konami themselves.

Comment

Tap Defence is quite good - especially if you are a novice at tower defence games like me.

Comment

Working...
                                X