BOOM!!!! Financial Meltdown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my salary/bonus call yesterday.

Yay for me - bonus (better than a salary rise as that just gets eaten up in higher rate tax). I'll be converting this into shares so in 5 years time I can withdraw it with no tax or NI deductions.

Given the hours I put in it's small beer tbh.

Comment

Thanks dataDave, that was ace!

Well done, Sanchez! Are your mates now suggesting you get the first round in...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Thanks dataDave, that was ace!

Well done, Sanchez! Are your mates now suggesting you get the first round in...
        Under strict instructions that being seen in a pub in the next 2 weeks will probably result in getting the sack. Banks celebrating hard work is a no no.....

Comment

But just to be clear, standing outside the local jobcentre wearing a top hat and lighting a cigar with banknotes is still ok right?

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            But just to be clear, standing outside the local jobcentre wearing a top hat and lighting a cigar with banknotes is still ok right?
            What's a jobcentre?

Comment

It's been called for repeatedly especially over the last year but now the Vatican are adding there opinion:-

The Vatican called on Monday for the establishment of a “global public authority” and a “central world bank” to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in dealing fairly with crises. The document from the Vatican’s Justice and Peace department should please the “Occupy Wall Street” demonstrators and similar movements around the world who have protested against the economic downturn

Comment

So by Central World Bank does that mean that the New World Order has finally managed to control the entire population & can now put in place the final plan - kill off 80% of the population?

Comment

The Vatican can suck my big one. That's right, they can suck my big one.

How about we all just team up and ransack the place?

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                  So by Central World Bank does that mean that the New World Order has finally managed to control the entire population & can now put in place the final plan - kill off 80% of the population?
                  The timing would be alright actually. Loads of people out of work/money and getting pissed off about it. Reminds me of two other times in history... They are probably just waiting for China to kick off about all the money they are owed before playing the North Korea card.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 28-10-2011, 02:30.

Comment

Don't 'cha just love money? It means nothing. I can't eat, drink or breathe it. It's a totally man-made, artificial construct that, somehow, we've all bought into; all grown up to believe that it's some kind of natural force. If it all vanished tomorrow the sun would still rise, the world would still turn and we'd all still be breathing yet it ruins lives and will bring this world to its knees.

So, as far as I can tell, there's no giant money monster from space sucking it all up. Nobody having any money doesn't mean that it's just vanished. It's just been re-distributed. So who's got it? Not me, that's for sure.

Comment

As a farmer I do hope money vanishes. Then people can come to me direct and barter their skills for food.

Comment

It's either money or barter. Which means if you were a bricklayer and needed food, you'd have to find a farmer that needed a wall.

What makes no sense is buying and selling money. And yet that's the basis of much of the UK's foundations.
                        Buying and selling imaginary items and credit notes is banned here. Why not in real life too?

In outsourcing loads of our work-from-anywhere jobs to lower cost countries (India/Brazil), we have got rid of much of our exportable "products". Wealth in those portions of the world is gradually increasing. To balance it out we need to start exporting something else and probably exporting it to the new wealth in India and Brazil, but aren't making anything in bulk because we've got rid of all that to China*.

I don't know the answer though - with lots of major corporations now being global, they don't care about any individual country - as long as the corporation is making money, they are happy to move around to the cheapest (or most tax beneficial) location. However, the enablement of constant and frankly ridiculously rapid movement of skills is actually eroding these companies abilities to perform in my opinion - you can tansfer skills easily, but you can't transfer knowledge, or which much is being lost.

With this skant regard for which countries they work in comes a new threat to the corporations themselves - a skant regard for the employees and the inevitable backlash. Like Occupy Wall Street, but within the corporations themselves.

*sweeping generalisations ftw.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 28-10-2011, 08:31.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                          As a farmer I do hope money vanishes. Then people can come to me direct and barter their skills for food.
                          Whoa... hadn't seen your post before I posted mine

Comment

Greedy big businesses have killed this country by getting China, Mexico & India to do the jobs we used to do for cheaper. They've torn the arse out of our industries & factory work, which also gave good, solid work opportunities even to those who werent so academic & now all thats left is office work & shop work.
                            Despite what anyone says the quality of these products is definaltey inferior to how they were produced here in the uk.
                            I read that some factories in China have already started replacing staff with machines which can do the job faster, so there will be a lot of ppl out of work there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                              So, as far as I can tell, there's no giant money monster from space sucking it all up. Nobody having any money doesn't mean that it's just vanished. It's just been re-distributed. So who's got it? Not me, that's for sure.
                              That's a very good question, see if you can find the answer. It stinks like ****.

A list of countries by external debt, compiled from the CIA’s World Factbook, makes fascinating reading. I find the figure at the top of the list jaw-dropping. It is a total figure for “the World”. According to this total, the “World” is in external debt to the tune of just under 60 trillion US dollars. Or 95% of the entire world’s GDP. Go back and read that again. How can this be? Is there an alien entity lending US dollars that I know nothing about? Or is the world in debt to private individuals, so isolated and untaxable that they do not count as part of the GDP of any country?

Comment

From above post:-

Or is the world in debt to private individuals, so isolated and untaxable that they do not count as part of the GDP of any country?
                                This. So the question I am left with is what is the end game?

Comment

Working...
                                X