No announcement yet.

BOOM!!!! Financial Meltdown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As neighbours go, I couldn't have asked for better really. Quiet, clean etc. Apart from the drugs raid with "all" the police and the odd whizzing up and down the (20mph single track) road on new motorbikes, I've barely noticed they are there. I'm not complaining about gypsies. I'm complaining about people using every legal loophole they can to turn farm land into cash.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
      3months is a pretty big buffer but it's easy to do if you have a disciplined saving scheme. Need to be careful your saving aren't too much or else it'll disqualify you from jobseekers.

But yeah, if you've credit card debt, you should pay that off before saving. 5% interest vs paying 20% just doesn't compare. Also, never pay a credit card into credit. Ever.
      What happens if you over pay a CC?

Comment

If the card gets cancelled, you lose access to the money without jumping through a huge number of hoops, you gain no interest on the money and it's very easy to forget about a card in credit.

Also, there was a companyin the US that would randomly erase any credit you have on a card.

Comment

Watching the Dispatches on my Sky Plus that was titled 'How the banks never lose' apparantly last year, 4000 people got bonuses of over 1 million quid in London within the banking area...............

The CEO of HSBC earned over a million in wages, and over two million a bonus despite HSBC having to write down 9.5billion pounds of bad debt.

Is it any wonder the working class are finding it hard to comprehend and understand.
          Last edited by Holio; 30-09-2008, 22:56.

Comment

The CEO of HSBC has been doing a good job actually afaik. The company made a big loss in one area of the business BUT made excellent moves in all other parts and so are well insulated from all this crap. But, that does not mean he should get such bonuses.

I agree, it is the selfishness of a lot of the homeowning classes. Except people don't seem to own homes anymore - they have "property".

Comment

Yeah, spags summed it up in post #67
              Every channel you look at is filled with crap about buying the next best house and squeezing every last ounce of cash out of your own. The ones I find interesting are the ones where people are doing stuff to their house so that it's better to live in, like grand designs or people doing extensions so they don't have to move.

Comment

Grand Designs is nice if you are seriously loaded, for the working classes tho Property Ladder!!

Comment

Property Ladder kills me, why do they never take her advice? Surely they must have seen a few episodes before. Beanie is always right. She is always pregnant as well.

Comment

They film her giving two different sets of advice then just run the correct one after, and its a pillow up her jumper!
                    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 01-10-2008, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                      Property Ladder kills me, why do they never take her advice? Surely they must have seen a few episodes before. Beanie is always right. She is always pregnant as well.
                      She's always right because she has the benefit of editing and doing voiceovers after filming has finished (and the outcome 'she predicted' has already occured).

I stopped watching it for that reason. Making people look like idiots and you looking like someone incredibly smart isn't hard when you've full creative control like that. I've a strong suspicion she gives out a lot of fairly neutral advice and then edits to make it seem like she was constantly saying they should've done xyz instead of abc.

Comment

Is it so hard to believe that people are just stupid?

Not sure where this topic has veered off to

Comment

People are stupid but they also think long and hard when it comes to splashing out lots of cash. It's easier for me to imagine someone in an editing room making sure their well paid guru is portrayed as someone who's never wrong than it is for lots of people to throw lots of money away against the strong advice of someone they've gone to for help.

Comment

From economic meltdown to Beanie not being able to keep her legs closed - AMAZING SCENES!!1

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              People are stupid but they also think long and hard when it comes to splashing out lots of cash. It's easier for me to imagine someone in an editing room making sure their well paid guru is portrayed as someone who's never wrong than it is for lots of people to throw lots of money away against the strong advice of someone they've gone to for help.

I have seen people refuse to get planning permission to build extensions, not get a survey on a house before they bought it and many other mistakes when it comes to building regulations. You can't blame Beanie the Baby machine for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                                You can't blame Beanie the Baby machinie for that.
                                Fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X