Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cornish pastry by far

Comment

Cornish pasty for me. Scotch eggs are generally vile IMHO which is weird as I enjoy both eggs and square sausage individually.

Comment

on consideration nothing soaks up a skinfull better than one of those big cornish pasties from the Cornish places at train stations, I'd like to change my vote.

funniest thing I've seen is my pissed mate fall down the stairs at Kings Cross to the underground but keep her opened cornish pasty aloft so as not to damage it, she sustained nasty bruising but was able to finish the pasty

Comment

ooh the pasty is fighting back. Not many votes for the samosa or the scotch egg though. I see what's going on here. You're just a bunch of racists aren't you.

Comment

The poll is invalid as a Steak Bake will beat any of them!

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              ooh the pasty is fighting back. Not many votes for the samosa or the scotch egg though. I see what's going on here. You're just a bunch of racists aren't you.
              Yes, I'm a Scotsman that voted for the Cornish Pasty!

Comment

Got to be the pasty.

It has to be said that any of those made properly are heaven. Unfortunately most people only get to eat the Greggs versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                  Sausage roll all the way, but only the ones with crispy, well-done pastry. Not the soggy crap that you get in the chilled section at Asda.
                  Absolutely mate! scotch egg yuk

Comment

I voted Sausage Roll, although it was a very difficult decision as in different scenarios there's a valid case for each one. (except Scotch Egg)

e.g If someone gave me a plate of chips & beans and then asked me what I wanted with it, I'd have to say Cornish Pasty, but as an individual snack Sausage Roll just sneaks it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenballs View Post
                      e.g If someone gave me a plate of chips & beans and then asked me what I wanted with it, I'd have to say Cornish Pasty, but as an individual snack Sausage Roll just sneaks it.

now am the opposite,I would have the sausage roll with chips and beans..

Comment

This thread made me want a sausage roll for lunch so nipped into town and just nabbed one from Waterfields.

And it was rank.

I want to change my vote to chips.

Comment

All the others are pastry led which im not a huowge fan of, so Scotch egg all the way!

The healthier option!

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                            This thread made me want a sausage roll for lunch so nipped into town and just nabbed one from Waterfields.

And it was rank.

I want to change my vote to chips.

(can we add a spring roll or is it too late now)

Comment

Sausage Roll - make your own

Couple of onions, cook down with a bit of butter and a bottle of cider until all the liquid has gone. Set aside to cool.
                              Mix in with sausage meat (you can buy 'quality sausage meat' or just split some decent sausages - do not use the cheap pink muck) with a good crack of pepper, bit of salt and some herbs (thyme works well).

Roll up in some puff pastry (I use Bells), cut into 2 inch bites, brush with beaten egg and cook in a 200c over for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden.

Guarentee these kick ass.

Comment

I voted Samosa to be on the safe side, since I'm a vegetarian. I do, however, love me some Cornish Bakehouse pasties. They do loads of veggie flavours but spicy veg and wholemeal are my favourites.

Comment

Working...
                                X