No announcement yet.

Anti-Islam Dutch MP banned from UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone find it hilarious that when someone comes out and says Islam is a violent religion then get disagreed with by death threat?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      Does anyone find it hilarious that when someone comes out and says Islam is a violent religion then get disagreed with by death threat?
      Yes, it's pretty hilarious.

I'd rather he was allowed in to show the film, but only if Muslims didn't go nuts over it, which of course they will. I'm expecting my Hotmail and Facebook accounts to be inundated with emails claiming it's my duty to make sure he doesn't get to show his horrible film.

Really, if your idea of saving Islam is to ban people from saying anything against it, surely that's giving a negative view? If I had a quid for every time a Muslim told someone to 'use their intellect' when viewing the Qur'an, I'd have enough money to bring him round to my house for a private viewing. How can you claim your religion is tops and all intellectual and scientific if you flatly refuse to let people state their views or vent their frustrations? Not to mention, most of the times I've been in a room full of Muslims, the only things discussed are Jewish this and Hindu that. Islam's much, much bigger than these Muslims who keep trying to protect it, anyway.

I love the name, though, Fitna (trouble, strife, etc), because essentially extremism IS in itself a fitna.

I'm waiting for the day someone like him shows a film or draws a picture or says something naughty and my fellow Muslims just laugh it off as being immature.

Yeah, right...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
        I'm waiting for the day someone like him shows a film or draws a picture or says something naughty and my fellow Muslims just laugh it off as being immature.

Yeah, right...
        The vast majority already think that don't they?

Comment

As usual the UK Gov jump the gun entirely with their assumption that it will cause offence & all hell will break loose on the streets, just as with towns & cities having to adopt 'Seasons Greetings' messages instead of 'Merry Xmas' for fear of it offending non christian religions.
          Maybe they should ask those groups what their opinion is before jumping the gun & causing even more harm & resentment in this country for nothing.

And if they become offended & do decide to protest well then let them. Its not gonna be the end of the world (or is it?)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
            Maybe they should ask those groups what their opinion is before jumping the gun & causing even more harm & resentment in this country for nothing.

And if they become offended & do decide to protest well then let them. Its not gonna be the end of the world (or is it?)
            Muslims don't like anyone saying anything against Islam. If you have any negative opinions regarding Islam - it's just not acceptable.

If you asked Muslim groups whether he should be allowed in to the country to show his video and to speak - they'd probably say he shouldn't be and that he's not a positive person.

So, if someone is not promoting Islam and saying it's great - they are a negative person. That's the way it goes.

When it comes to protesting - it cost £2million to police the recent Muslim protests against the war in Palestine. The government know that there will be protests and they won't be totally peaceful - so.. once again more valuable resources wasted.

When you weigh-up the likely outcome of what would happen if he was allowed to enter the country - you can sort of understand the government's stance. It's a shame that democracy has to be put to one side - because Muslim groups are so powerful.

Comment

Well the guy has just landed in the UK, i wonder what border agency will do under home office?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                When it comes to protesting - it cost ?2million to police the recent Muslim protests against the war in Palestine. The government know that there will be protests and they won't be totally peaceful - so.. once again more valuable resources wasted.
                Well considering how many billion is thrown away every year by the Gov, & given to countries that will waste their aid or caught up in 'red tape' I would think that 2 million would be nothing. Why not just take the risk & see what happens. If the Gov is proved right then fair enough, most muslims are tw@ts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                  The vast majority already think that don't they?
                  I heartily disagree. I find Muslims will tend to openly agree with other Muslims if they're not too sure about something for fear of being 'different'. I've met Muslims who, because they feel they know too little about Islam, wouldn't even agree with me that the 7/7 bombers were terrorists, and instead referred to them as martyrs not because they honestly believed that, but probably because they were worried they'd end up in Hell or something if they spoke ill of other Muslims.

At the risk of making another blanket statement, I'd reckon if you were to ask 10-20 random Muslims what their views are on things like war and terrorism in Islam you'll most likely get the same answer - that war is ok depending on the situation but terrorism is just plain wrong and unacceptable in Islam. Fair enough, but probe a little deeper - ask where one stops and the other begins - and you most likely will not get a straightforward answer. I've yet to receive a straightforward answer myself.

Of course, you can't know these things unless you've been taught them, but I've heard the arguments for suicide bombing in Islam and I tell you they can be quite convincing to the wrong kinds of people, and the reason we're getting these guys doing this sort of thing is because they're being taught things by teachers who really have little to no academic authority and are being convinced because they're feeling emotional. The key is in figuring out whether what you're being taught is morally sound (and so inherently Islamic) or not, but here is where it gets interesting, because Islam determines your morals, it tells you what is good and bad, what is right and wrong, and you have no say in the matter, otherwise you are not a Muslim.

But back to Van Wilder, supposing I was in a position of power and involved in his visit to the UK, I'd gather together a delegation of the more respectable Muslim leaders/theorists/lecturers to welcome him here. Then I'd get them to watch the film together and maybe have a nice discussion about it afterwards.

Also, his hairstyle is pure win, and on that merit alone he should be allowed in, and God help me I'd also make him an honourary Muslim for a day.

Does anyone know if he managed to make it here? It was supposed to be today, wasn't it?

Comment

The question I have is why are the Lords bothered about seeing his film in the first place?

Is it a double bill with the Chinese short film 'Ways to make dissidents disappear forever'?

Comment

Hopefully they'll have the spoof grindhouse trailers in between.

Can't they just torrent it? I just found it on the newsgroups.
                      Last edited by randombs; 12-02-2009, 19:21. Reason: video doesn't work. don't worry, it's not THE video, although that's on youtube, too

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                        Also, his hairstyle is pure win, and on that merit alone he should be allowed in, and God help me I'd also make him an honourary Muslim for a day.

Hey I'm jealous I can tell u!!

Comment

People are quick to play the 'it wouldn't happen if he was a Muslim preacher' card, but the fact is a lot more clerics have been deported for hate speech than loony politicians, not to mention Abu Hamza, who will be deported if he's ever released from prison - bearing in mind that he's 50 and serving a 57-year sentence, that's not a sure thing. And this guy's no more about protecting European cultural identity than the BNP is British. Awesome hair, though.

At the same time, I disagree with the government barring him from entering the country, just because I'm against any restriction on free speech like that. You may not like what he has to say, but speech that everyone agrees with isn't the speech that needs protecting.

Comment

Leon Ahoy
                            Muslims don't like anyone saying anything against Islam. If you have any negative opinions regarding Islam - it's just not acceptable.
                            This is not specific to Islam, its human nature. No one likes anyone saying anything against their beliefs, country etc.

If you asked Muslim groups whether he should be allowed in to the country to show his video and to speak - they'd probably say he shouldn't be and that he's not a positive person.
                            Thats because they would be right, this guy is up in court in NL for inciting racial hatred. He is the equivalent of the BNP - far right racist politcal beliefs.

So, if someone is not promoting Islam and saying it's great - they are a negative person. That's the way it goes.
                            In the context of the visit and his film then yes, he is not promoting Islam and actually causing offence to muslims.For example, If he did not say anything and not promote it therefore not cause offence then I would imagine he would be allowed into the country.

When it comes to protesting - it cost £2million to police the recent Muslim protests against the war in Palestine. The government know that there will be protests and they won't be totally peaceful - so.. once again more valuable resources wasted.
                            The reason a protest is policed is first off to stop any real public disorder which does not help anyone.2nd to stop opposite groups inciting viloence etc thus ensuring it remains peacefull as possible.
                            Its a hot political issue that many people have strong feelings about therfore it can easily boil over - so its not a waste of resources.

When you weigh-up the likely outcome of what would happen if he was allowed to enter the country - you can sort of understand the government's stance. It's a shame that democracy has to be put to one side - because Muslim groups are so powerful.
                            Democracy has not been put to one side. The overall general public opinion and potential to upset will always take precedance, our governement is appointed to make these decisions by us and I totally agree with its decision.

Muslims groups do not have all the power you imagine them too have.

Its all common sense really and I find it amazing that people will try and spin it to make it look like a big conspiracy.

When you weigh-up the likely outcome of what would happen if he was allowed to enter the country - you can sort of understand the government's stance.
                            You seem to agree with the government's decision here but then blame it on the "Muslim groups".

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                              The question I have is why are the Lords bothered about seeing his film in the first place?

Is it a double bill with the Chinese short film 'Ways to make dissidents disappear forever'?
                              Uk independance (extree right wing in sheeps clothing) peer invited him to show his film to a select group of Lords.

Comment

What I used to find funny, but now quite sad is that people can't tell the difference between culture and religion. Who's to say that you can't have a 100% cultural European background and yet still have an 'eastern' religion? (even though all current major religions i know of originated from the east)

Its a bit like the Spanish Inquisition, even though the people were Spanish just because of their belief (be it Jews, Muslims, or even Protestants) they were persecuted for not being Catholic

Comment

Working...
                                X