Cage Fighting/MMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillai View Post
    Definitely do it! There's nowt better than actully being there!

I went to UFC 70 in Manchester and UFC 75 in London and even though we got the crap seats and really high up, the projected screens make up for it...

Oh, and the atmosphere... It's absolutely electric!

I just wish I could afford to goto Las Vegas for UFC 100!!!
    UFC 100 would be amazing.

When I was in Vegas in December they were getting into build up mode for UFC 95 I think it was (Cant remember exactly) but that looked awesome
    If I'd have been there the week it happened I'd deffinitley have gone.

Well my mates let me down for his ticket so it looks like it will probably just be me & my brother now.

Still I've got 2 weeks so I might still manage to talk him into coming

Neil

Comment

I got the UFC 100 email this morning also, great fighting card, as expected.

Mir is a top guy, very good team leader in Ultimate Fighter Season 8, shame his knee is a bit ropey, otherwise he would have been fighting about now. Hope he is totally fit in time.

The new series of Ultimate Fighter, USA vs UK started last week in America and I think is on Virgin 1 late on a Sunday evening, bound to be a good few scraps, and thats before they get in the Octagon lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Peekay View Post
        Lesnar/Mir 2 is going to be colossal. I love the match-up: a Brazilian jiujitsu master against a classic American wrestling machine. Mir's a canny fighter, but how much has Lesnar learned since their last fight? He won't be getting armbarred again, I don't think. This is a very deep card with some great matches - Thiago/Fitch, Henderson/Bisping, St-Pierre/Alves... should be a cracker.
        Yeah it’s an excellent card.

I can't see Mir being as lucky as he was in the first fight, but I'll still be rooting for him.

Comment

Lesnar has put a lot of work into his BJJ as he knows thats his biggest weakness. Mir was lucky to get his ankle before. As like Heath Herring, he was on his arse within 10 seconds. That was the old lesnar tho, he knows he can get caught if he charges in. He will stand up and trade for a bit, like he did with Randy.

Cannot wait for UFC 100. I saw UFC 66 in MGM Grand in Dec 07, which i still feel is one of the best cards ever. Only go to the UK ones now

Comment

I want Mir to win, but I wouldn't put money on it. There's an interview with Lesnar here - he seems extremely focused.

Anyone watching Diaz/Shamrock fight in Strikeforce tomorrow? (Not sure that it's on anywhere in the UK.)

Comment

Anyone else watching the new series of the Ultimate Fighter? Its UK vs US this season and the UK have been portrayed as stronger at the moment (2 eps in)... Which leads me to believe that the US will end up winning!

Comment

Yeah, I can’t see us winning either. I think Bisping said on the first show, MMA in the UK is all about kickboxing and boxing, whereas in the US it’s more wrestling and BJJ; which puts us at a disadvantage.

Sidenote: I thought it was funny they had to use subtitles for the scousers.

Originally posted by Peekay View Post
                Anyone watching Diaz/Shamrock fight in Strikeforce tomorrow? (Not sure that it's on anywhere in the UK.)
                Watched it earlier. Good fight (I’ll post the link if you want) but after seeing Shamrock get obliterated, I think it’s time for him to retire; same goes for Ken who hasn’t won since 2004!
                Last edited by Kit; 12-04-2009, 13:56.

Comment

He did. He beat a tomato can a few months ago. Shame we didnt see Lashley face him, though.

Comment

I'm watching too, think a couple of the Brits will do well, none of the Americans seemed fantastic, 50/50 so far in my opinion. Depends how much action is on the feet and how much on the mat. Nice to see a couple of Gingers make it through

Can't wait to see Junie Browning's brother fight (guess some of you watched season eight and know of Junie).

The guys (no Brits I'm pleased to say) that get selected for the show then can't make the weight, what total wasters. Chance of a lifetime and they blow it on cheap burgers and the like (I guess).

Scouse = subtitles yeah, was funny how even the Welsh & West Country guys weren't subtitled but the two scouse's were, the first one did have a very strong accent mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                      The guys (no Brits I'm pleased to say) that get selected for the show then can't make the weight, what total wasters. Chance of a lifetime and they blow it on cheap burgers and the like (I guess).
                      Such a missed opportunity. I think the bloke in question was half a stone overweight; which is ridiculous considering the money he could have made. I remember the last series I watched, the fighters received a $4000 knockout or submission bonus.

Edit: checked the weight classes.

Lightweight - 155lbs 10 ½ stone.

Welterweight - 170lbs 12 stone.

Heavyweight - 265lbs 19 stone.
                      Last edited by Kit; 13-04-2009, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        He did. He beat a tomato can a few months ago. Shame we didnt see Lashley face him, though.
                        Big Ken's been banned now for steroid use.

I was a bit gutted that Frank lost to Diaz - although to be fair, Diaz did actually show a bit of decency as soon as the fight was over. He (Diaz) has behaved pretty badly generally, but he's redeemed himself slightly by being a gracious winner. (I doubt he's bothered what anyone thinks, though). Now he's talking about a boxing match against Roy Jones Jr...

Comment

Watched UFC 97 last night, pretty poor main bouts, shame Liddell lost the Silva bout, proper boring stuff, was funny watching the Dana White interview on youtube about the bout afterwards.

Ultimate Figher 0903 (contains spoilers),

thank f**k Junie Brownings brother got beat, the pair of them, total [insert c word of choice here], had their ten minutes of fame, now fade away again please. Funny that in the other elimination bout the tall American guy knocked himself out lol.

Comment

i thought UFC 97 was pretty dull too, can't stand the sytle of Silva, he's clearly very good but reminds me of the Brendan Ingle school of boxers and their safety first displays of highly skilled but dull noble self defence.

Liddell got properly tagged.

I hope with the UFC trying for more events the good stuff doesn't get spread too thinly, then it will just become like a weak boxing undercard.

Comment

Yeah, pretty dull. I don?t know whether that was down to Silva's style (counter punching), or Leites just being too one dimensional. Either way, it?s one of the worst main events I?ve seen.

Only decent fight was Shogun, Liddell, but I just read Liddell?s now retired. Real shame considering how entertaining he is win, lose or draw.

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                              Ultimate Figher 0903

That self knockout was unbelievable. He was lucky he didn't get his arm ripped off while he was out.

Comment

Liddell has lost four out of his last five fights I think. Time to hang up the (fingerless) gloves, he's made his money and fame, and is apparantly a bigger pal with Dana than any other UFC fighter, so sure he won't disappear off our screens overnight.

Comment

Working...
                                X