State of UK Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    QT was a bit stupid last night id did turn into the obvious "im a black person do you hate me personally Nick Griffin".

BNP may have largly bad values, and try to represent a form of acceptable racsim in their modern guise, but some of what Griffin says is of merit.
    I agree. The woman on there echoed this and rightly pointed out the voters (let's not forget that people have voted in a democratic process - a process we have fought recent wars over to force on other countries) have been let down by all parties. Some areas have serious problems following the decline of manufacturing in Britain.

Those voters now have a voice, let's not kid ourselves this party are going to get into power, but their MP's area voice for those that voted for them. Surely that is the point of MP's?

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
      By god- you're right! I think possibly the lizard people are somehow involved in all this too...

Then again, who's to say this forum isn't just run by the hidden hand too, and we're all only on here because it's what 'they' want us to do as sheeple. I'm afraid

That William Cooper book- did you mean "Behold a Pale Horse"? I was just googling it. From a cursory search it doesn't exactly look like some sort of definitive evidence for conspiracies. And as for 1984, well I don't really know what to say in response to that.
      Yeah sorry that is the book. You should read it (should meaning I think you would find it interesting).

Why don't you know what to say in response to 1984? I don't mean to sound like I am demanding an answer; more like do you agree it is unfolding? Animal farm is also a great parable to what is going on too, dare I suggestion the farmer is half hidden from view and you never see his face, only the go between pigs that walk upright when infront of the farmer and on all fours infront of the animals. I know you can read too deeply into things but it came from George Orwell too so I cannot help but read into it further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century written 2000
      Considering who write that, then 9/11 happens for me I cannot consider it Coincidence. The other coincidence being what Iraq used to be:-

Could be nothing but out of all the places in the world hey.

What do you think Endo? do you think nothing or going on? or something is going on but not to the extent of a microchipped population etc etc

I will dig some more books up and post them. 1984 is an obvious one and an easy suggestion.

Comment

I might just read that book- despite not really believing any of them, I've enjoyed reading other conspiracy theory books in the past.

As for 1984, all I meant was that I don't think it was Orwell's foretelling of what would happen to us in the future (at least, not in the sense of a prophecy- apologies if this isn't what you mean). Orwell was an author, not a a conspiracy theorist. 1984 is, obviously, a vision of a possible future, but it is exactly that- a theorised version of the future. I don't agree that it is actually happening and I don't believe he wrote it to tell us all this was what would happen. Besides, if he knew 'what was really going on', why wouldn't he just come out and say it?

Having looked at the links above, I've got say I just don't think there's really anything going on. IMO, in some ways the world's more mundane than people would believe. I'm sure lots of things go on that we don't know about (politically speaking) but nothing along the lines of world domination by an elite. One of my main problems with consipiracy theories is that they often seek to tie together ostensibly disparate ideas and concepts in order to arrive at their conclusions, such as tying biblical prophecies (which I flat out disbelieve anyway) in with the ambitions of an ill-defined global 'elite'. Like with the links above, I don't know what you're getting at. Iraq was the site of the Tower of Babel? What's that got to do with the invasion of Iraq or world domination? Did the tower even exist anyway?

For me, there's just not enough evidence for me to buy most conspiracy theories, and what 'evidence' there is tends to be tenous at best.

Comment

The planet is run by a network of secret societies which exists within an elite inner circle, they've been getting their orders from extra-terrestrial beings for over 3,000 years and the government that we see is at best a part of the outer circle, puppets used to control the general population. We all agree on that point at least right?

More info here...
          Let's have a look at what he should have said...NOTE - Users posting racist comments will be blocked. If you want to join in the debate in the comments, don...
          Last edited by spagmasterswift; 23-10-2009, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            Eh?
            I agree with some of their points, not their moral code.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
              One of my main problems with consipiracy theories is that they often seek to tie together ostensibly disparate ideas and concepts in order to arrive at their conclusions, such as tying biblical prophecies (which I flat out disbelieve anyway) in with the ambitions of an ill-defined global 'elite'. Like with the links above, I don't know what you're getting at. Iraq was the site of the Tower of Babel? What's that got to do with the invasion of Iraq or world domination? Did the tower even exist anyway?
              Sorry I should have written the people who wrote the PFNAC document are neo conservative, evangelical Christians. Ironically they desire to go to Iraq (again) based on a lie, Iraq which was once Ancient Babylon one of the Bibles cradles of civilisations. Evangelical Christians invading one of the Bibles most pivotal places. Again a part of me just finds the Coincidence of the situation odd. Oil, resources and a military jump off point in the middle of the world are the main conspiracys ideas of course.

As for Behold a pale white horse do read it. It's one of the best regarding secret powers controlling from the shadows etc. Take the blue pill!

this is a good read too:-

I know the title promises quite a bit but just try reading something you would never normally read.

You mentioned bilderbergs earlier, this is an interesting read
              Publicity is pure poison to the world's global power elite. So we should all turn up to its next annual meeting with a few more tubs of the stuff, writes Charlie Skelton

I'll just post this then I'll shut up, try and ignore the title and video edit.
              Last edited by 'Press Start'; 23-10-2009, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                My Grandparents lived through all that and they see the Country as less than useless now.
                Every grandparent ever, through the whole of history has claimed the youth of the next generation are wrecking everything. You can find references in Greek philosophy from thousands of years ago that pretty much say exactly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                  I agree. The woman on there echoed this and rightly pointed out the voters (let's not forget that people have voted in a democratic process - a process we have fought recent wars over to force on other countries) have been let down by all parties. Some areas have serious problems following the decline of manufacturing in Britain.

Those voters now have a voice, let's not kid ourselves this party are going to get into power, but their MP's area voice for those that voted for them. Surely that is the point of MP's?
                  The problem with a democracy is that it is just that. Democratic. Which means the will of the stupid and uninformed has as great a say as the people who actually analyse the key policy points of the BNP and find them to be utterly ridiculous, highly offensive and devoid of any basic sixth form level understanding of how an economy works.

I'd change the way we vote. Which is, essentially, before selecting the candidate you want to vote for, you have to demonstrate an understanding of what it is you're voting for - possibly through a multiple choice test. It's like being anti-GM when your understanding of biology only goes as far as buying yoghurt with bacteria in it. A vast majority of the population (e.g. Daily Mail Readers, BNP members, people who drive white transit vans) are too stupid to have any say in how society should operate.

Essentially my mandate is to find a new way of running society, where the stupid can continue to obsess over X-Factor and who Brad Pitt is playing hide the sausage with this week leaving a small core of people who can use a knife and fork at the same time to run our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                    ... leaving a small core of people who can use a knife and fork at the same time to run our lives.
                    Always work from the outside in. Or so I am told.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      My Grandparents lived through all that and they see the Country as less than useless now.

Also for a lot league tables we are fast approaching being near bottom for most of them for stuff like Education, jobs and child welfare. This country stinks and the head in the sand I'm alright attitude just makes it worse.
                      I agree. Imagine if every call centre in england relocated to india, the employment rate would be horrendous

This country is continueing to slide further and further down tables much to my dismay - i read a recent article in the time that engalnd is now out of the top 20 of countries where to live. Sad.

Saying that it not all that bad, England does still lead the world in certain statistitcs.

Arms manufacture ()

Fast food consumption per head

Red wine importation

oh and my favourite, cctv. 20 % of the worlds cctvs are in england yet we only have 1% of planets population.

It feels like 1984 lol

Comment

I imported Behold A Pale Horse in the 90s when it seemed every rapper alive was mentioning it in interviews. It has some interesting bits like the Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars chapter but taking a look at it last year I got the feeling it was largely bollocks. Super paranoid bollocks.

Comment

Lots of stuff coming out that the BBC rushed people through the vetting process (1 day rather than 1 week) to ensure they had a more culturally diverse audience, that they were encouraged to boo and "ask provocative questions".

Regardless of how disliked someone is, QT should be a smart program with open debate. Not Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            Lots of stuff coming out that the BBC rushed people through the vetting process (1 day rather than 1 week) to ensure they had a more culturally diverse audience, that they were encouraged to boo and "ask provocative questions".

Regardless of how disliked someone is, QT should be a smart program with open debate. Not Jerry Springer
                            This doesnt surprise me. I felt it was badly organised to gain more viewers while trying not to be too offensive, & failed to let Nick Griffin finish his answers due to heckling & interuption.
                            In some cases Dimbleby seemed to rush on to the next question, which if he had been allowed to finish would have certainly have resulted in him shooting himself in the foot & showing his full true colours.
                            He looked like a victim throughout most of the program with everyone ganging up on him, & in the case of the politicians on the stage they only had a cheap shot at him on order to make themselves look better in the eyes of the public regardless of their own mistakes.
                            I think the BBC was right to allow him on the prog, but he also should have been allowed to voice his parties opinion on QT, but they also should have allowed him to have been as offensive as he couldve possibly been had he been given the time, rather than what I felt was happening which was to try & control the whole event to avoid possible offence & complaints (which the BBC could do without), which is just jumping the gun.

I dont think the protesters have done themselves any favours with their forceful at some times protests. It doesnt look good when you're protesting against a hate mongerer with hatred yourself.

However like Baseley has said I agree with some of his points. At least he has the balls to say that there needs to be a cap on immigration in this country which a lot of people (in my area at least) also feel too, & unfortunatley this is what has allowed him to gain the votes he's received due to the other main parties sitting on the fence over the whole matter afraid of being deemed 'racist' & of course their dodgy goings on of late.
                            Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 24-10-2009, 11:56.

Comment

I'd only vote if I could do it via the red button.

I don't vote in reality because I don't honestly know enough about policy to make an informed decision.....if that's the case with me then there are millions who know less and are only voting off say so and face value. Brill.

Comment

Smurf, where is this "lots of stuff".
                                I didn't know QT had a one week vetting process - when I went it was much closer to one day. I would love to see how they were encouraged to "boo". Asking provocative questions is the point of the show, as I say, when I went, we all had to come up with two Qs and they would choose from those. BNP based questions would obviously be in the ascendancy.

Griffin is possibly right in that the audience does not represent the UK as a whle. It does, however, represent the most successful bit of the UK - London. The makeup of the audience, in W London, looked about right.

I'm sure many people do think there is too much immigration - so would I if I believed the paper's headlines. Unfortunately, I know how statistics works and I know there is a lot of scaremongering because it sells papers.
                                If you reach conclusions based on falsehoods and lies, then the conclusion is not quite as relevant.
                                Last edited by saif; 25-10-2009, 23:02. Reason: added

Comment

Working...
                                X