No announcement yet.

Going to the Dentist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you are brushing too hard with a paste and wearing the teeth down Switch to a gel instead (non-abrasive)?

Comment

Well just got back from the dentist myself, with a estimate of ?817 for the work that needs doing.

Might have to take up selling my ass to make ends meet at this rate, lol they better be putting diamond encusted filling in or else

Comment

Bloody Nora, bit much.

Back from the dentist today as well. Two fillings, easy and painless.

I have another appointment next Weds to get some existing ones replaced and in Hospital on Thurs to have a rotten Wisdom tooth out. I'll be all done then.

Comment

I need a root filling & a crown, both are bloody expensive. The cheaper option is to have it taken out but i don't want a gap as its near the front of my mouth.

"Hmm i wonder whats the going rate for selling yourself for buttsex in the leeds area "

Comment

I've got to have a filling too. Serves me right for drinking industrial quantities of fizzy drinks. Going for a white one as its on my bottom jaw.

Comment

I never get a choice in my fillings, i've got a few white and one silver. What's the difference apart from thee colour?

Comment

Different materials. The silver ones are an amalgam (metal) substance which is very hard-wearing and lasts longer than the white ones which are mainly acryllic and don't last as long. They look much better though!

Comment

The price white ones are more expensive.

But at my dentist white ones are only 3 quid more so i'll be getting white ones regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    I need a root filling & a crown, both are bloody expensive. The cheaper option is to have it taken out but i don't want a gap as its near the front of my mouth.

"Hmm i wonder whats the going rate for selling yourself for buttsex in the leeds area "
                    That sounds about right for root + crown and it pays to have it done properly. Make sure they use this rubber dam type thing to stop any badness dropping into the root. It's actually quite an amazing painless procedure although I wouldn't want another one in a hurry!

Comment

I managed to survive my dentist appointment today.

I had to have to have an injection at the top left of my mouth so that he could do two fillings on my teeth.

The thing I most worry about is the injection due to a one-off bad experience many years ago, but it's getting much easier now, I always think they're going to hurt and they never do!

Now I've got a regular check up schedule every 6 months and I'm planning on sticking to it this time.

There is one bad thing about going to the dentist today, as now I can't eat my prawn sandvich for another few hours.

Comment

I ain't been to a dentist in over 10 years. I know they're able to identify things we're unaware of and nip them in the bud before they become serious problems but I figure it ain't hurting it don't need looking at. A naive philosophy, I know...

Comment

Injections are fine... unless they accidentally hit a bone.

instant huge burst of pain results when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            Injections are fine... unless they accidentally hit a bone.

instant huge burst of pain results when that happens.
                            That was my one-off bad experience with injections that I was talking about.

The feeling was like being electrocuted in your jaw, not nice.

Like I said though, every other injection i've ever had has been fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X