Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone here skateboard and live in manc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Mullen had a nice Freestyle deck with a skeleton on. Kevin Harris had some nice 1's too, & Per Welinder.

Its amazing how Mullen adapted from such a thin small Freestyle deck to a big wide street deck with his skills. The guy's a bigger influence on skating than Hawk imo because if it wasnt for him then tech street wouldnt be where it is today.

My 1st proper deck was a Powell Peralta McGill Skull n Snake. Amazing graphic. I got a few pics somewhere I'll try n stick them up on here. I cut it down into a freestyle deck a few yrs after I'd thrashed it!

Comment

............as promised here's a pic of the 1st & 2nd decks I ever had.

The McGill was a work of art imo, & I'm still thinking about getting it done as a tattoo. Check the pink pattern in the background. It looks like they've dipped a real snake in pink paint, then let him wriggle all over it!

The SMA Jim T was 1 of my favourite decks to skate. I got it for Xmas & it lasted over a yr. Again a beaut of a pic modelled around the Joker vs Batman, because at the time of production the 1st Batman movie starring Michael Keaton had just been released. In america they released a version which had the Joker on it, but had to change it to this version due to legal issues. The top graphic was amazing too, & again is something I may end up having scratched onto my body in the near future!!

I've still got both hanging around the house somewhere but the McGill was turned into a blank Freestyle deck while I still have the Jim T in its full form minus the graphic because I skated it to death!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Amazing, I remember both of those, Powell Peralta definitely had some really nice board designs, you can buy them all as reissues now (because mint originals are ££&#163, I really liked the Tommy Guerrero design, Natas Kitten was a cool board too.

I had too many to keep count nowadays.

Comment

Working...
        X