No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to sync the apps back on or reinstall them, any saved data for them will be restored with the back, just not the app itself.

Comment

Sorted the apps back on and from iOS 5.1.1 there's not much new is there passbook, and changing things about in the settings privacy thing.

Maps work fine as they did previously.

I guess I would notice more on the 5 phone over my 4 model.

what's happened to the YouTube viewer ? I've downloaded the app to get on it but just wondered why they removed it

Comment

Apple is trying to remove as much of Google's stuff as possible from the core software. Making the iPhone stand on its own software legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
          lol yeah!
          I was joking at the time but turns out it will be possible, albeit a crap return on investment!

Comment

Why the hell am I with t-mobile? I've been with em since they were One2One. I just finished my contract 2 months early and spoke to upgrades and was told 16GB is sold out and they only have 32s and 64s left... fair enough I want a 64 and then she tells me I won't get it till mid October because the phones out on Friday and customers are getting it in October... what? her logic annoyed me so I hung up -_-

Comment

I don't see why apple don't have 16gb iPhone 4S as the base model and then just have 32 or 64gb iPhone 5.

Many people obviously just go for the 16gb it seems.

I went for the 32gb when I got my 4 two years back.

Comment

Managed to get 8 phones in the end (orders that is...) Can't wait to sell them to mugs - another average device from Apple!

Comment

Comment

Not really too impressed with the offering this time. I think if you own an iPhone 4 upwards what do you really need the 5 for? Sure some people will need the faster data speeds but I am hard pressed to think why you would need anything more?

Managed to get 8 phones in the end (orders that is...) Can't wait to sell them to mugs - another average device from Apple!
                    Hope you manage to get a good margin!

EDIT: That video above just goes to show how much of it is in our heads and how oblivious the average consumer is. I'll just put a black case all around mine and tell people I have the 5 and now I have an up to date iPhone!

Comment

Originally posted by Nishimori View Post
                      Not really too impressed with the offering this time. I think if you own an iPhone 4 upwards what do you really need the 5 for? Sure some people will need the faster data speeds but I am hard pressed to think why you would need anything more?
                      That's the boat I'm in. My first iPhone was the 3G and I upgraded to the 4 as I wanted more storage, the much improved camera, and I had a couple of apps that were sluggish on the 3G. Now though, all my apps are still speedy and smooth on the 4, the camera is good enough for the random snaps I take with it, so I've got no need to upgrade. I'll only upgrade once there's an app I want that the 4 can't run properly, don't see the point in spending money until I need to!

Comment

I'd buy a 5 if I wasn't a poor student. So I got a 4S on Friday instead.

Comment

Exactly! I did forget about the camera but I think that is one area that does not need upgrading greatly. My photos will look better on instagram maybe... I much prefer having a real camera on me for the photos that matter.

Comment

I'm going to look at it on Friday (currently use a 4s) and if it's as average as im expecting it to be I'm honna jump to a S3 or wait for a 920

Comment

Sounds like you've already made your mind up anyway.

Geekbench scores have appeared tonight for the iPhone 5. Assuming they are not fake it seems as if the 1GHz dual core iPhone 5 is faster then the 1.4GHz quad core SGSIII! And no doubt the iPhone 5 will have best in class GPU.

I'm tempted with the new iPhone as it seems to focus on stuff the really matters to peeps. Better screen, camera, more responsive (hardly an area iPhones struggle with), lighter, even more impressive build quality and a better battery. And getting Google off iOS is great news as well.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                                I'm going to look at it on Friday (currently use a 4s) and if it's as average as im expecting it to be I'm honna jump to a S3 or wait for a 920
                                Yup get an S3. iPhones are complete and utter crap unless your a sheep - which admittedly most are. iOS is extremely primative now and quite frankly Apple are becoming lazy...

Mind you when you have millions of uninformed idiots buying their products why do you need to bother? I hold shares in Apple and have bought 8 iPhone 5's - only because its easy money...

Comment

Working...
                                X