iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
    Do you really think that supply will be so short that people will pay over the odds?

I might leave mine sealed if that is the case...
    Aren't people already paying over the odds?
    HAR HAR HARrrRRRrrr
    cough

Comment

**** YOU

Comment

You can just go to an apple store if you have to have one day one, I know the metro centre one opens at 5am (well the metro does for it I think the store itself is 8am)

Alternatively wait a week or two it's not too much hardship but I can see some (crazed) people paying ?1k for one. Not because the phone is cack etc etc but because people today in general have zero patience. Like I was talking about earlier Im going on Friday for a look at one if I like it (and I can buy one I will but if not I'll either wait, get something else or keep my 4s until I can get one or even wait to check out them windows 8 phones)

It is just a phone (admittedly the most popular one in the world today like) but you know

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
          Haha, not a chance mate. Sorry! (even though you've sorted me out with your gaming collection) Apple products are easy money as are their shares!! I reckon these phones will double in value with ease!

Oh and err, sorry about the sheep reference folks! It was meant tongue-in-cheek.
          Bah I thought one good turn deserves another boo hoo!

Comment

Back on topic (!) 2 million iPhone 5s have been preordered!

Comment

Ship date for preorders has been pushed back a couple of weeks.

So if 2 million have been preordered, does that mean 2 million people have stumped up the actual cost of the phone, or is this including people renewing their contracts and getting a phone upgrade for free?

Comment

Fantastic!
                "I'm always open for a new phone"

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Ship date for preorders has been pushed back a couple of weeks.

So if 2 million have been preordered, does that mean 2 million people have stumped up the actual cost of the phone, or is this including people renewing their contracts and getting a phone upgrade for free?
                  Probably a mixture of both, I think in the UK pre-orders are for the sim free but in the US I believe you can get a carrier upgrade via Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    to upgrade to one on my contract provider it would cost me 89 pound so not free unless i pay something like 42 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                      You mention your telly as proof that you know about this stuff but you will also know that merely buying things doesn't mean squat on here
                      So wait. You mean that I am not the winner because I have the most expensive car on the forum?
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Was quite curious about the iPhone 5 announcement and to say it's fuss over nothing is an understatement. Come on Apple, blow the cobwebs off your designers and make an effort. Looks clunky and dull. My S2 looks more slick and that's a gen old.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          So wait. You mean that I am not the winner because I have the most expensive car on the forum?
                          You win the car thread

Comment

Just installed iOS6. So, outside of Passbook (which seems to have almost no use here in Norway) and new maps, there is nothing new to get excited about? And after testing it, I agree with Boris; the new maps suck. The place where I live is only in black and white, and most of the pictures are obstructed by clouds.

Comment

Inter-app audio routing is what I'm most interested in for iOS6. Might possibly be willing to lose my jailbreak for a while if/when my apps get updated to use it as my iPad doesn't really need to be jailbroken if I'm honest(phone needs it more but I can lose both if need be).

Spanish Siri sounds like fun, but isn't enough of a pull for me.

Not looking forward to the maps thing, although that's not an issue with my iPad(which is where most of the music apps are) so the phone can stay on 5.1.1 for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                                My S2 looks more slick and that's a gen old.
                                Without wanting to "do a Shozuki", I'm not having that at all.

The Galaxy S2 never looks slicker than the iPhone 5 - Sorry, it just doesn't.

The iPhone 4 and 4S look slicker than the cheap, all-plastic feel of the S2.

Comment

Working...
                                X