iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hangs his head in shame

Got a new contract in the end was too good to pass up (for what it was) ?26 on O2 for unlimited everything with ?245 up front, was paying orange ?40 for nothing really so what the hell

Comment

How many Gb is the phone in that deal mate?

Comment

?245 up front is not such a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
          How many Gb is the phone in that deal mate?
          16 for ?245, 32 for ?295, 64 was mid 300's can't really remember. I only needed 16 as I only use mine for light tuneage and a couple of apps

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            ?245 up front is not such a bargain.
            No it's not but I was paying ?40 for a bad contract (but I was out of contract) so for me ?26 PCM plus the money was good I was going to get my next phone sim free originally so (?500-?550 for a S3 or IP5) so decent deal for me. I agree that no phone really should demand an upfront payment but I could theoretically sell it to CEX or wherever for over ?500 an bang it in a cheapy and have a unlimited everything for ?13-15 per month

Comment

The only reason I bought one was that it was big enough to hold my music (64Gb) so it's one less thing to carry every day*, I didn't realise they came in that size, I thought the largest was 32Gb. The cost of the phone was ?109, so not feeling too bad about it.

* Edit: As in I won't have to also carry my iPod touch every day.
              Last edited by Colin; 21-09-2012, 21:53.

Comment

I just don't get it. You say you have light music use and a couple of apps and you are still paying a fortune for that. I don't have a smartphone yet but I could get a mid range one for no cash up front with unlimited use for just ?15 a month.

It just seems like you are ripping yourself off!

Not that it is my business or anything!
                Last edited by nakamura; 21-09-2012, 21:56.

Comment

if i upgrade to the 5 is will cost me 89 pound upfront and 37 a month with 3, the 16gb is 79 upfront so its mad not to go for the 32gb for an extra tenner, the 64gb is 109 upfront.

if i was going to pay 245 upfront i'd probably just buy the phone outright on credit card n do a cheap sim only deal.

Comment

C it's ?700 for a 64gb simfree

Nakamura - hence the head hanging, I say light music the laptop has over 300GB but I only like to put 400-600 tracks at a time as I just wouldn't listen to that much at once.

I use the standard stuff eBay,PayPal,odeon couple of fitness things and cooking apps and groove coaster.

i do have a fair bit I could put on but I only use a few things at once I'm one of them people that if I have more I use less, it's the reason I had a r4 card for only a week I never played it just kept yarring for it.

i paid it as I already had a 4s which has gone to the property of a family member for the ?245 it's probably just down to how poor the contract I was on with orange was that I thought was a good deal.

Wod - it was contract only at the store (and I mean all them even the apple store) and as I was out on my expensive poor orange one @?40 per month I didn't mind getting it for ?245 and paying ?26 for unlimited everything (on O2 so easy to unlock later too) it works out similar to 3 in the long run.

(my deal - ?244.99 + ?26 for 24 = ?868.99)
                    (3 - ?79 + ?37 for 24 = ?967)
                    (3 (32gb) ?89 + ?39 for 24 = ?1025)

even a cheapy sim deal wasn't much cheaper

?529 + ?6.90x24 for cheapest 3 ?694.60 for 200min,3000txt,500mb

so I'm happy enough

Comment

I was initially pretty disappointed by iPhone 5, but now I can't help wanting one. My current phone is iPhone 4, which I've had almost two years. It's still running pretty good, but 2 years is probably the longest I've had any phone. If I can get my sister to buy it off me for 200 pounds or so, I'll probably make the plunge.

Comment

Well, i've got mine this morning. I have to admit, it's pretty swanky. Where's the best place to get a case for these things? Preferably as slim and unobtrusive as possible. I'm not exactly delighted about the increase in bulk from my old phone, so don't want some big clunky thing to stick this in.

Edit: Ignore that question, it doesn't need a case really, does it. My iPod touch is years old and scratch free, i'm sure this will survive.
                        Last edited by Colin; 22-09-2012, 11:57.

Comment

The 5 looks quite good for drops:

Comment

I got a 64GB for ?269 on t-mobile with their full monty contract. I traded my 16GB 4S for ?270 so I don't see it as a loss but I still wonder if I should be entitled to some sort of loyalty discount or something -_-

I'm happy with the phone, finally don't have to worry about space but I dunno if I'm impressed just yet... guess I gotta take the time and set it up some point to really get the full benefits.
                            Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 22-09-2012, 12:44.

Comment

Oh dear, I think i'm already impressed. Those swanky panoramic photos are ace.

Comment

Photosynth App is even cooler though. 360 degree panoramas

Comment

Working...
                                X