No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we just make a sticky about this please? Every time I go into this thread, instead of any discussion relating to the iPhone, we just get the same question about signing a contract asked again and again.

No. You do not sign a contract. Period. You sign it electronically on iTunes when you connect the iPhone to a computer to activate it.

They make make you sign an 'agreement' but it is meaningless.

Comment

They didn't made me sign anything!

Best thing I've ever bought by the way, if given a choice I'd give up my either my TV, console or Laptop for this thing. I absolutely love it & it only gets better with time!

Comment

The battery thing is a constant trade-off between functionality and size though. If they get that trade-off wrong, people will complain that the phone is too big, or that the battery life is rubbish

Personally I'm not too bothered about battery life on my mobile, so long as it lasts a full day while using all the features. I'm never that far from a USB port or plug socket I guess.

I think O2 have the 16Gb phones in stock from what I've read elsewhere.

Comment

All of you with Jailbroken iPhones download 'Band'. It's basically the best thing humanity has achieved!

Comment

I haven't tried to be honest. I'm off to California in July for a few months and I'm just going to hold off and buy a 16GB when I'm over there. They're going for about the same as an 8GB is here!

Comment

If i get one from the states, are there plenty of places that are unlocking them over here?

Uk that is

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger View Post
                If i get one from the states, are there plenty of places that are unlocking them over here?

Uk that is
                Not sure about people unlocking it, but its a 5 minute job if you do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                  Not sure about people unlocking it, but its a 5 minute job if you do it yourself!
                  Much like having a wank then!

hurrah!

(cheers)

Comment

Originally posted by Bada Bing! View Post
                    I haven't tried to be honest. I'm off to California in July for a few months and I'm just going to hold off and buy a 16GB when I'm over there. They're going for about the same as an 8GB is here!
                    New 3G iPhone will certainly be out by then which hopefully will all be 16GB (if not with a 32GB option even following the bigger iPod Touch).

The release of the new model should better adjust the price in relation to the weak dollar as well meaning us Brits getter better deal than we do now when the price was set back in September 2007.

All eyes on June 9th for the announcement.

Comment

Ah June 9th, I wanna gonna ask when it was. I shall keep my eyes peeled!

Comment

The Guardian reckons the new iPhone will be smaller than the current model. I also hope is has a none scratchy back. It also reckons it will be free on some contracts....that cost ?75 a month!!! Personally I'd like to see sim-free models which I'd be interested in.

Does anyone know if the iPhone can be used as a modem?

What time does the WWDC keynote kick off UK time? I'd also like re-designed MacBooks but I guess that's for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                          The Guardian reckons the new iPhone will be smaller than the current model. I also hope is has a none scratchy back. It also reckons it will be free on some contracts....that cost ?75 a month!!! Personally I'd like to see sim-free models which I'd be interested in.
                          I'd also heard something along those lines but who knows. If they do that and they still don't make you agree to any contract until you 'activate via iTunes' then there's a big risk there IMO.

Comment

Apparently all the online Apple stores are down at the moment, hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out what's going on.

Comment

Surprised no one posted this already...

(Obviously) new 3G model, with GPS... $199 for 8gb, $299 for 16gb... Apparently it will cost no more than $199 anywhere in the world. So read that as you will. £100 here?

16gb model will also be available in white (as well as black).

Stores are updated but not with prices.

Oh and they're available 11th July.

The 2.0 firmware will be available free to iPhone owners, but will cost $9.95 for owners of Touches.

edit: UK store link with infos : http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...e?mco=NzY2NzA0

Comment

Cant see it being £100 here but we will see!

Dissapointing no better camera or video. If it's hacked just as quickly and as well as the iPhone was then I may get it to use with Orange.

Comment

Working...
                                X