No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet I haven't. For anyone not sure about it your supposed to contact the WAP team at orange to sort your EDGE out, at least that was what I was told anyway.

Comment

OMG I just discovered the joys if rRootage and NOIZ2SA on the iphone. sure, its awkward controlling your ship via touchscreen, but being able to play these on a phone just confirms the awesomeness of the iphone!

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
        OMG I just discovered the joys if rRootage and NOIZ2SA on the iphone. sure, its awkward controlling your ship via touchscreen, but being able to play these on a phone just confirms the awesomeness of the iphone!
        Prey tell where did you get them from sir?

Comment

Wow, i'd love to know that too.

Comment

Managed to download them from the "Games" folder on installer.app

You'll need to jailbreak your iphone of you habent already done so!

Comment

This is the source you need to add to installer to find it
              touchrepo.com/repo.xml

They both look great, shame there is no sound.
              There is also a quality ZooKeeper clone called IZoo
              Last edited by EvilBoris; 02-05-2008, 23:06.

Comment

ok I added that source to the installer but there hasn't been anything added to the games section. Did I do anything wrong?

Comment

Damnnnnnn, think these are sold out like everywhere now! Friend who works in O2 haven't had any in, and it might be too late to get one now. There goes my £100 iPhone dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                    Damnnnnnn, think these are sold out like everywhere now! Friend who works in O2 haven't had any in, and it might be too late to get one now. There goes my ?100 iPhone dream!
                    Im having the same problem for my dad who after playing with mine and seeing how good it is (and the fact that i can unlock it in 5 mins for him) now wants one for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Im having the same problem for my dad who after playing with mine and seeing how good it is (and the fact that i can unlock it in 5 mins for him) now wants one for himself.
                      Damnnnnnn, think these are sold out like everywhere now! Friend who works in O2 haven't had any in, and it might be too late to get one now. There goes my £100 iPhone dream!
                      Current options would appear to be:-

1) Chance it on eBay to find one for £170-£200.

2) Buy one from Apple for full price of £269.

3) Hope and pray that 3G iPhone drops this Summer.

Comment

Yeah but I'm getting one from a friend who works in O2 as they get them for £100 right now! And there have been none at all in any stores around Glasgow for the last week!

Gutted! Even if the 3G does drop this summer I can't justify paying near £300 for it unless it is the granddaddy of phones and ipods AND can be unlocked soon after launch!

Comment

3G should be mid-next month, hopefully anyway. That should drive down 2G prices and mean I can get one cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Escobar View Post
                            3G should be mid-next month, hopefully anyway. That should drive down 2G prices and mean I can get one cheaper!
                            Are you saying that Apple will continue to sell the 3G-less phones once the 3G model eventually comes out?

That would be welcome as long as the price is right.

Comment

Yeah but I'm getting one from a friend who works in O2 as they get them for £100 right now! And there have been none at all in any stores around Glasgow for the last week!
                              I don't know what to tell you, mate. You were getting one, but it looks like you and/or your friend didn't react quickly enough - the offer was "while stocks last", after all (Small print).

If it's any consolation, the situation would appear to be the same at O2 and CPW stores all over the UK. Both are fresh out of reduced-price 8Gb iPhones and neither (especially CPW) look like they'll be re-stocking anytime soon - remember, the offer ends on June 1st.

So...you have three options...!

Even if the 3G does drop this summer I can't justify paying near £300 for it unless it is the granddaddy of phones and ipods AND can be unlocked soon after launch!
                              All I'll say on this is that I'd probably bet good money on the 3G iPhone being network-unlocked and/or jailbroken considerably soon after launch. The current iPhone was hacked to bits quite a short time into its release.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-05-2008, 17:09.

Comment

Yeah I didn't know they could get it so cheap until last Monday I think it was, and their haven't been any in since then! If I knew earlier I would have snapped it up!

I might just wait and save my money for it. Got a birthday coming soon, week today actually! So will just keep any monies from that and see what a 3G iPhone is like.

Comment

Working...
                                X