No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing this the last few days, I was so hooked I got an ending on my second siting. I've gotten a few endings now but not any good ones. Still have no clue who the killer is.

I hope they'll update the app a bit to add on like an overview page or a flow chart. It could really help as I've no clue where I can go next.

Comment

Got a nice 5S in at work which i'm tempted by as i can get a good price on it, only problem is it's on EE, i'm on O2, so I was looking into how to get it unlocked, and as far as I can tell, I have to be an EE customer for 6 months, using the phone in question before I can request it be unlocked to any network (at a cost of ?21).

I can't get my head round how they can effectively hold you to ransom in this way before allowing you to unlock something that's your property, i'm not being a bit 'me me me' about this am i? is there some secret trick i'm missing that googling didn't reveal to me? Apparantly paying a shop to do it is only temporary as it will re-lock once the next firmware is released.

Comment

Depends. On both O2 and Vodafone I was allowed to unlock for free the day I signed my contract.

Cheaper to use one of those services that add your iphone to apple's database for a permanent unlock.

Comment

Orange/EE iPhones have ways been a pain to unlock. Doing it officially means you have to play by their rules. But like billy_dimashq says, there's other companies who will register it with Apple to get it unlocked and it will be unlocked officially, but they tend to charge more than ?21 for a UK iphone on EE - it's more like ?100 when we used one at work last year.

Comment

I normally always get my phones/contracts via Phones4U, no branding on the phone, no network guff you can't uninstall and have always been network free. Counts for a lot - and tend to get a better deal going through them rather than direct to the network I've found.

Comment

As mmmonkey says above, Chronic Unlocks is one I've used with a family member previously to unlock an iPhone that was sold on to us but was locked to Vodafone and we didn't have the original account holder's details (all legit, mind). You're looking at about ?91 at today's exchange rate with them but it is a permanent unlock.

EE did unlock my iPhone 5 after about a month on my 24 month contract. A bit of a ballache for it to happen because I'd received a couple of replacement handsets from Apple which they'd neglected to check in and check back out. It did finally happen and at no charge.

Comment

Originally posted by booth83
                I can't get my head round how they can effectively hold you to ransom in this way before allowing you to unlock something that's your property, i'm not being a bit 'me me me' about this am i?
                No, you're not. Phone locking is bull****. Unbelievably it's now illegal in America to unlock a phone. The law should be the exact opposite. *shakes fist*

Comment

Some good info in those replies, thanks everyone. It seems if I go for it the cost is gonna rocket, I could've paid about ?200 for it with trading in my current handset but adding nearly 50% to that puts it out of the question, i'm not desperate for it so i'll wait, though no-one ever trades phones in on O2 for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by booth83 View Post
                    Some good info in those replies, thanks everyone. It seems if I go for it the cost is gonna rocket, I could've paid about ?200 for it with trading in my current handset but adding nearly 50% to that puts it out of the question, i'm not desperate for it so i'll wait, though no-one ever trades phones in on O2 for some reason.
                    Probably because O2 unlock easy as long as its not on a refresh plan (the phone must be paid off first which is fair enough)

Comment

Couple of quick questions please, all relate to an iPad Mini on latest firmware. Am guessing answers are no unless I use an app....

- Is there any way to lower the default resolution of Youtube videos (bar using m.youtube.com in a browser, need to use the Youtube app)

- Is there also a way to lower the resolution of videos and photos taken on the iPad? suppose could use the front facing camera, just thought of that.

Reason being son keeps filling up the memory quickly by videoing stuff (wasn't a consideration when we bought the 16GB model 18 months ago), and could do with restricting bandwidth while we're on holiday.

Cheers.

Comment

So, who's running 8.3/8.4 jail broken?

I'm on 8.4. At first I hated the new music app(can't seem to get it to play an artist's albums one-by-one), then I started to enjoy it(radio. Yes, there are radio apps but it's so quick to just tap a station although only two work for me right now - the charts one and BBC world service), now I love it(no more ridiculous landscape cover flow bollocks).

Of course, the apps and tweaks need to be updated but so far the main reasons I jailbreak(f.lux, flipcontrolcenter) are coming along nicely.

Comment

I don't think I have ever felt so underwhelmed at spending a pound less than ?700 than today.
                          grr

Comment

Surely you've owned more than enough iPhones to know what you'd be getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Surely you've owned more than enough iPhones to know what you'd be getting?
                              Yup I have, was so tempted to get an Xperia z3 but I just don't trust android with my banking daft I know.

Comment

Take it back?

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X