Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine's shipped by DHL

Comment

Just installing 2.0 on to my iPhone and its taking ageeeeeeeeeees. Got Super Monkey Ball waiting for it to finish. I'm not holding out much hope for getting a 3G version tomorrow, so will just wait it out and order one online rather than queuing outside a store.

Comment

Quick question. I understand that I have to connect the iPhone to iTunes in order to activate it. Is that correct? If so is there any danger of losing my music library as the only iPod I've ever connected to my iTunes account is my 16Gb Touch.

Do I need separate iTunes accounts to put music on both devices or do they allow you a certain number of devices that you can send you music to?

Cheers.

Comment

You'll be fine, the iTunes library is yours and you're free to connect an iPod and iPhone up to it. The settings to synch or not are specific to the device, not the library.

Installed 2.0 software on my iPhone earlier this evening and I must say it is rather impressive. Everything seems a lot more stable and the App store is really cool, loving the Facebook and Remote apps so far.

Comment

Thanks Taka, that's a relief.

Just checking the Carphone Warehouse website and it looks like they have stock available to order and you can pay for a Saturday delivery. I know I should probably go and order it now but part of me wants to get caught up in the queuing and stuff that comes with a hardware launch!

Managed to get clearance from my boss to go into work a little late tomorrow so I can be at the local O2 store early and get all the credit check done.

Fingers crossed they have some stock and the queue isn't too big (although the CPW is right next door so it shouldn't be too bad).

Comment

Its still showing 1.4 as the latest on mine, did you install the unofficial way?

Comment

If anyone ever doubts whether or not an iPhone/iPod Touch is worth it, show them... THIS!

I can't think of a better use for any new technology.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
                  If anyone ever doubts whether or not an iPhone/iPod Touch is worth it, show them... THIS!

I can't think of a better use for any new technology.
                  First App I download. FACT!

Comment

got the call from my local o2 shop this morning mine is waiting with my name on to pick up tomorrow.

just jailbroke and activated my now old one for ebay action.

Comment

Originally posted by rumbletum View Post
                      Its still showing 1.4 as the latest on mine, did you install the unofficial way?
                      Yep, unofficial method here. It's quite simple really, everything's hunky-dory so don't be afraid to give it a shot if you're curious.

Comment

Well the 2.0 firmware is hacked, can't wait to put that on my iPhone!

**** JUST GOT REAL

Comment

Has it been released?

Comment

^
                            Aye, unlocked and jailbroken already on first gen iPhone. We'll have to wait and see about the 3G's which will no doubt have a new bootloader (at least if Apple has any sense).

You can download the firmware here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

Not on iTunes yet.

Comment

They've taken down the firmware

Comment

Try this:

Edit:
                                Should add to install open iTunes, go to your iPhone, hold down the option key (Ctrl I think on Windows) and click Restore, then choose the ipsw file you downloaded.
                                Last edited by Fei Fong Wong; 10-07-2008, 21:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X