No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queue was still out the door for them at the Apple store in Birmingham this morning! Guess they still have them then.

I did get to have a play with the demo devices though and I think one of them seemed extremely screwy. Pressed the home key several times and it did nothing, then eventually took me to the contacts page. Weird. Anyway, seemed quite nice in white

Comment

Well, I thought I had escaped the train wreck - but it appears now I've been screwed.

So after reading a few forums, I figured I wouldnt have a chance to get an iphone upgrade. Turns out I was wrong, I went into the 02 in TCR at about 4pm, got taken downstairs and within 15mins had myself an upgraded contract with a 8gig black 3g phone. Great! I took it home, got it activated within 5mins and I was home free. oh! But now I check my nationwide account, it says that 02 have taken out £200 out of my account....... (the phone, last time I checked - was £100 on my £35 contract, my recipt confirms this) Any tips on how to strangle back my money asap? This has not happened to me before.

Comment

I'd go into store with a printout of your bank statement and tell them they've made an error putting it through.

Comment

The iPhone will fit in the standard iPod dock, so you might not need to buy a specific one for it. Apparently its not included so they can keep the cost down.

The store I went to had loads of 8Gb ones which suited me fine and their systems were up but running slowly so were just doing things on paper instead. Didn't take long at all for my upgrade, so it was strange to hear of people being turned away from other stores and having to come back when the systems recovered.

All I need to decide now is what to do with this "old" iPhone.

PS - Not quite got the hang of Super Monkey Ball yet....

Comment

Here's an odd thing with the App store - for some reason, the games don't seem to have made it onto the Irish App store. At the moment it looks like a mistake as there is a big pic of Monkey Ball and a games tab that leads to nothing. That's not the odd thing.

I have some credit for the US iTunes store, because I was getting tv shows there. So I thought I'd just use that to get Monkey Ball from the US store. But when I went to buy it, it told me that my credit was 'insufficient or inapplicable' for the purchase. Now I know it's not insufficient, which leaves me wondering about the 'inapplicable'. Will they only let you buy apps if you have a traceable credit card account rather than the obvious fake name bought card account?

Edit: Oh, hang on. It just started downloading it. And yet it doesn't look like it took any money from my account. I'm utterly confused here. I think I may have done something wrong.
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 12-07-2008, 13:01.

Comment

Cube Runner is pretty good, especially given that it's free... Reminds me of Star Fox, without shooting, or enemies

Comment

Well I finally managed to get my v1 activated on firmware 2.0. Some nice bonuses on there, but I found what the app store was designed for and best of all it's Free!

"MacSaber". Easily the best thing on there, can't resist firing it up at every opportunity. Think missus wants to smash my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                  There was a queue at the Newcastle store near Grey's monument this morning, about twenty people.

Just out of interest, forgive the noob question, can you remove and replace the back cover on the 3g? I imagine it will still be prone to scratches, although not as bad as v1.
                  Further to this can you use the 3g iPhone as a modem? Cheers.

Comment

Yes this question please

Comment

Nope, there's no way to have it act as a modem which is a huge shame considering there's an unlimited data plan for it.

Comment

So.

When are Nintendo going to release Ouendan / Elite Beat Agents on the iPhone then?

I went on a small game buying spree so i'm going to stick first play threads up for the ones i've bought so far.
                        Last edited by Silvergun X; 12-07-2008, 17:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                          Nope, there's no way to have it act as a modem which is a huge shame considering there's an unlimited data plan for it.
                          I think the fact that it doesn't support 'tethering' is part of the reason why it can have an unlimited data plan. You could really rack it up on there, especially if you're doing more than just visiting a few pages, and I think more than a few people would hit that fair use limit and get a stern letter from O2.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
                            I think the fact that it doesn't support 'tethering' is part of the reason why it can have an unlimited data plan. You could really rack it up on there, especially if you're doing more than just visiting a few pages, and I think more than a few people would hit that fair use limit and get a stern letter from O2.
                            Oh most definitely, I know I would certainly tether it with my MacBook Pro whilst out and about if I could. Apparently, there is a way to do it with a Jailbroken iPhone (though this was back with 1.4) but as you said, would certainly end up with you getting your knuckles wrapped by O2.

Comment

anyone else with a new phone having issues with the home button?
                              Mine feels sticky and generally unresponsive in comparison with my gen 1 phone.
                              certainly having a word witht he O2 shop tues to see what they can do.
                              sometimes it takes 3 or 4 presses with it to register

Comment

I noticed that home buttons on the demo units in Bham Apple store were all slightly temperamental too!

Comment

Working...
                                X