iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
    I think I am one ****ing thick bugger at the moment because I seem to have missed out something you have all been talking about - on and off - in this thread.

Can I walk in an 02 store today and buy the iPhone for ?169 and walk out without signing up to their ridiculous tariffs and pop my Orange Pay as You Go SIM card in the iPhone and be done with that?

Also, can you text/send messages to other people with the iPhone once unlocked?

THANKS!!

yes. You sign a piece of paper saying you will sign up to a contract but mine,and others understanding is this is not legally inforcable. They dont even keep a copy of your signature!!I paid 169 for mine on Thursday, unlocked it 5 mind later and am writing this on my vodaphone iPhone. Very simple, and very easy.
    And my god, its a lovely by of kit....

Comment

Didn't know that, I stand corrected bargin @ £169 in that case then.

Comment

No way! £169, I may just sell my K850i and get one! Is it easily unlockable then without bricking it?

Comment

Unlocking can be done in about 3 minutes with the USbcable that is in the box. For free.

Comment

So, how much longer is this exclusive to O2? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was a timed exclusive and other networks (most likely Vodafone) would get it once that expired.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              So, how much longer is this exclusive to O2? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was a timed exclusive and other networks (most likely Vodafone) would get it once that expired.
              Who knows? I'm guessing this will become clearer once we see the much-vaunted 3G iPhone this summer (hopefully)....

Comment

Originally posted by weightgain View Post
                yes. You sign a piece of paper saying you will sign up to a contract but mine,and others understanding is this is not legally inforcable. They dont even keep a copy of your signature!!I paid 169 for mine on Thursday, unlocked it 5 mind later and am writing this on my vodaphone iPhone. Very simple, and very easy.
                And my god, its a lovely by of kit....
                SOLD, did you get yours in the O2 store for £169 or online?

and what details did they take as far as what your (going) to sign up for as far as contracts are concerned?

EDIT: i take it you can still sync it to itunes after you unlock it without problems?
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-04-2008, 20:21.

Comment

Just checked online, and you can pick it up from there, 169 and no contract to select!!! Doing this in the morning!! Nice find!!

aaron

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    EDIT: i take it you can still sync it to itunes after you unlock it without problems?
                    Yep, just make sure you dont update the firmware.

Comment

one last question before i purchase one, as i cant find a definative answer on the net, if i buy one, unlock it, then use my orange contract sim in it, will i be able to browse the internet, not using the wifi, just the normal 2g service?

cheers

aaron

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
                        one last question before i purchase one, as i cant find a definative answer on the net, if i buy one, unlock it, then use my orange contract sim in it, will i be able to browse the internet, not using the wifi, just the normal 2g service?

cheers

aaron
                        If network settings are setup correctly, then yes. Although obviously if your current contract doesnt have any free internet browsing on it then youll be charged extra.

Comment

thanks kindly, my contact includes free internet so its cool anyhow. time to get one!!

aaron

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                            Yep, just make sure you dont update the firmware.
                            Top stuff.

Comment

Anybody who has one of these, how is the battery life on yours? Mine seems a bit short sometimes, but other times i can run it for like 4 days. Its a bit wierd! Im using it in exactly the same way in both circumstances, but sometimes it seems to just drink juice!

Comment

Originally posted by MyDogSkip View Post
                                Anybody who has one of these, how is the battery life on yours? Mine seems a bit short sometimes, but other times i can run it for like 4 days. Its a bit wierd! Im using it in exactly the same way in both circumstances, but sometimes it seems to just drink juice!
                                What are you using it for? Mines always on iPod and the usual internet/calls and always needs a charge after a full day.

Comment

Working...
                                X