Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extra text to get around character limit

Comment

Anyone able to recommend some headphones for the iPhone? Looking for some cheapish ones that are loudish, don't lose all base if you don't have a perfect seal on your ear and have the controls on them.

Comment

Tried a jailbreak for the first time yesterday, was back to legit FW within 2 hours.

I can totally see why people would want to use it and I saw some interesting things, but I've never had an issue with the lack of multi-tasking, and to be honest, it just felt like a lot of the JB'd things were excuses to justify the FW without mentioning piracy.

So yeah, it's an interesting option, but back to proper FW for me.

Comment

I tried jailbreaking mine recently, but it wouldn't work as i have 3.1.3 installed. >_<

Comment

I have 3.1.3 installed also...

Comment

My phone definateky felt more broken after jsilbreakung it. Crash fest

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                I have 3.1.3 installed also...
                Did you have 3.1.3 already installed when you jailbreaked it? If so what did you use to do it. The eeprom(?) is updated in 3.1.3 to stop it from getting jailbreaked from what i read.

Comment

I keep considering going back to normal with my iPhone. It does crash every day. And seems like the battery life is just abysmal now. I would really miss some things from jailbreaking though, if only OS4.0 was actually gonna be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Did you have 3.1.3 already installed when you jailbreaked it? If so what did you use to do it. The eeprom(?) is updated in 3.1.3 to stop it from getting jailbreaked from what i read.
                    I think it was called "spirit" and yeah I always keep iPhone up to date so it's always on the latest firmware!

Comment

Which iPhone do you have Jebus? Just tried out this spirit and it didn't work for me. I think the 3gs with 3.1.3 can't be jailbreaked at the moment.

Comment

32GB 3GS on 3.1.3 mate, even have the latest version of iTunes!

Comment

3GS with 3.1.3 can be JB. If you have JB it before you will need to restore it before running Spirit. I have only ever JB my iPhones and have never had a single crash which before Spirit would have been a problem as it could only be rebooted without a PC connection.
                          The iPhone 3GS and iPad can only be restored with firmware signed by Apple which means you must have an internet connection to restore your phone. I know they have to protect their property but I don't like this at all. Fortunately there are ways around this.

Comment

To be fair, you should only need to restore your firmware if you were installing custom code in the first palce.

Comment

You've only got to read through a few iPhone threads to know that isn't true. People have to restore all the time for various reasons and the majority of times these are not jailbroken devices.

Comment

I just don't get the issue here though mate, if you are restoring your phone then you are using iTunes and if you are using iTunes then you are almost certainly connected to the internet, aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X