No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having been a jailbreaker for a long time, I've become used to my jailbreak "comforts" such as 5 icon docks, quick access settings, tethering etc etc.

I've got my iPhone 4 insured so if there ever was a fault, I'd just claim through that and plead accidental damage.

Comment

Since installing the 4.0 firmware my 3g has become junk. It is really slow to do anything and is really frustrating me. I just went and tried to upgrade to a 3GS but I'm too early in my contract to able to and have to wait for ages.

Is there anything I can do to claw some performance back? Can I roll back firmware?

Comment

They're on the case with 3G's apparently. There was something you can do, can't for the life of me remember what it was though - I sent the link to a bloke here last week!

Edit: Ah here we go: Disable Spotlight : http://lifehacker.com/5599406/disabl...aign=Feed:+lif

Comment

Just tried that on my wife's 3G, worked a treat! Thanks Chris!

Comment

Yeah I did that to my girlfriend's, it does help. Although she didn't notice >_<

Comment

Thanks very much, seems to have helped!

Comment

Just got another White iPhone 3GS for my lad, any recommendations for cases?
                Do Apple do an official bumper for these? I have been looking at the Apple white slider case anyone got one?

Comment

If it's the 3GS, there's plenty of decent cases out there since the designs have pretty much matured - you won't go wrong with any of them I'd say. I had a simple low profile case that clipped on to the back and allowed full access to all the ports etc.

Comment

Super annoyed with itunes.

This morning it asked me if I'd like to update to 4.02 and I said yes. In the middle of the install an error message popped up and said I needed to factory reset which took ages and made me late for f ing work.

More annoying, I now can't find the Nike Plus option that I use for uploading my data in the itunes tabs anymore! WTF!! Why would it just disappear? There seems to be NO option to turn it back on either in itunes or the phone itself.

What can I do before I throw it out the damn window.

Comment

You need to renable Nike + on the phone to make it appear in iTunes I believe. Apologies if you've already done this, in which case I'm all out of ideas!

Comment

I have a very strange iphone 4 problem, when I make a call the internal ear speaker is no longer working if i press speaker its fine I can hear the call on the speaker the only way I can make a call without the loud speaker is to plug in the headset and use that. Ive tried full reboot, hardware re-start and nothing works....looks like its faulty :-(

Comment

Just return it. If you go to an Apple Store 'Genius Bar' they'll swap it straight over, they're aware there's a lot of problems with the 4s. Don't forget to back up in iTunes before you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                            Just return it. If you go to an Apple Store 'Genius Bar' they'll swap it straight over, they're aware there's a lot of problems with the 4s. Don't forget to back up in iTunes before you go.
                            Thanks for the advice, just booked the Genius Bar and they told me to bring the box, all leads ect

*fingers crossed they have stock !

Comment

Yeah I booked mine in for an 'intermittent fault' and they replaced it for a shiny refurb with no scratches *cough*

Speaking of scratches I bought an invisible shield screen /body cover to stop the scratches again and it's fantastic

Comment

Where's the best place to sell my iphone 3G 16gb?

O2 said today they would give me ?150 as a trade in but said i'd be better of by about ?30 if i looked on envirophone or mazuma?

They're about ?158 tho. Any better sites? (not sure i can do with the hassle of flea bay)

Comment

Working...
                                X