iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across this very informative article:

Included digital copies are still the exception rather than the norm in the Blu-ray world. Lame. You'd like to rip those discs for playback elsewhere, right? But there is something you should know first.

which shows how to get your beloved Blu-rays onto your iPhone.

Basically download all the programs they mention, then rip the disc with AnyDVD and remux the audio stream and convert to .MP4 with RipBot264

I've done 3 discs incl The Dark Knight (1.5GB) and they look superb!

The setting I used on RipBot264 was AppleTV encoding and re-sized to 960*540 at a ratio of 1:1.78.

The process takes about 6 clicks of your mouse and takes about 4 hours per disc. Very nifty.
    Last edited by djjimbob; 09-09-2010, 11:28.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      I also note they've finally started supporting bluetooth AVRCP protocol so you can use next/previous track buttons now.
      That'll explain it! I wondered why it worked in the car this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        That'll explain it! I wondered why it worked in the car this morning.
        Tell me about it. I was gutted when they finally supported Bluetooth headsets and didn't include this. I resorted to still using my wireless headphones cos my headphone socket is knackered but also used a nifty app called fluxtunes a mate of mine developed which let's you choose songs onscreen with gestures.

Finally having proper BT support is worth the 4.1 upgrade to me though. About f-ing time.

So is game center well **** then? I like open feint but if it's a half assed version of that I'm more happy they cut the 3G out of the equation.

Comment

Can you adjust volume on the headphones again like you could before the 4.0 update?

Comment

Rossco7 on GameCenter if anyone wants to add me.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
              Where's the best place to sell my iphone 3G 16gb?

O2 said today they would give me ?150 as a trade in but said i'd be better of by about ?30 if i looked on envirophone or mazuma?

They're about ?158 tho. Any better sites? (not sure i can do with the hassle of flea bay)
              Am having the same problem but mine's a 8gb. Someone has offered me ?120 for it, but has anybody got any idea where the best place to sell them is so I could perhaps get a bit more for it?

Comment

Have a look at CEX

Not cash I know but Exchane & they'll give you upto £230 (About £170 cash apparently depending on network & condition)

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?catid=844&catname=Phones%20-%20iPhones

Neil

Comment

Could anyone tell me if there is a keyboard that works with the iPhone, like a foldable bluetooth keyboard or something. My girlfriend has an iPhone and I grow weary of having to decipher her incredibly bad typing.

Comment

Here let me google that for you...

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...19|cat:Mobile+

Comment

Here let me google that better for you

£10 cheaper or there are other ones to choose from.

Comment

Trying to download the kermode podcast from itunes and it keeps saying cannot be played on this iphone. Anyway to fix this or has someone at the bbc ballsed up the upload?

Edit: yeah works today. Still would've been useful for my train ride yesterday. This should be in the irks thread!
                        Last edited by jezzace; 10-10-2010, 19:22.

Comment

Has anyone found a way to get rid the of the jerky game play when running games like Sonic 1 and 2? It's been several months now and nothing has improved with updates or turning off spotlight. Unbelievably when I first got Sonic 1 before version 4 of the firmware it ran smoothly. So why the performance decrease? It quite literally is unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                            Has anyone found a way to get rid the of the jerky game play when running games like Sonic 1 and 2? It's been several months now and nothing has improved with updates or turning off spotlight. Unbelievably when I first got Sonic 1 before version 4 of the firmware it ran smoothly. So why the performance decrease? It quite literally is unplayable.
                            I have the same problem with Angry Birds, used to be silky smooth but now is jerky as hell .

Comment

Agreed about Angry Birds. The old SD version on iPhone 4 hardware used to run like a dream. Ever since they redrew everything for Retina display, it feels clunky and ruins the flow of a game that's meant to be quick, twitch play.

Comment

Greenpoison jailbreak's out today. Anybody gonna try it against iOS 4.1?

Comment

Working...
                                X