• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
    What's a Nubian?!
    Black rage?

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
      Just don't speed on 30 or 40mph roads. They're limited in areas where people, and children, live. If you're speeding in those areas, you deserve a fine and points. You ask me, doing 51 in a 40 zone should be 6 or even 9 points.

Limits are there for a reason.
      Fair point , I never do speed through villages cause people love crossing the road like frogger. This was an industrial district with no houses, just warehouses and a few shops. 4-lane road aswell so I didn't think I was being ludicrous. I'll know for next time.

Comment

Yeah. You do get areas where the limit seems redundant, but I figure it must be there for a reason. You are right about residential areas, there's no excuse for speeding there. To save yourself 5 minutes, it's not worth the risk of taking a life - something like that would wreck a family, as well as your own life.

TBH I'd like to see average speed cameras in every residential area to slow the pillocks you see speeding around. You only see them on main roads, I guess as they catch more people so they "earn" more, yet probably save less lives.

Comment

The number of accidents on major motorways is far higher though so each individual camera can have a bigger impact. A collision at 70mph causes massive carnage.

Comment

Fair enough. Depending on jobs, like many here I'm sure I can do a lot driving every day. Rarely does a day go by when I don't see at least one stupid thing happening on the road that could have caused an accident. The amount of daft drivers out there is alarmingly high.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
              Yeah. You do get areas where the limit seems redundant, but I figure it must be there for a reason. You are right about residential areas, there's no excuse for speeding there. To save yourself 5 minutes, it's not worth the risk of taking a life - something like that would wreck a family, as well as your own life.

TBH I'd like to see average speed cameras in every residential area to slow the pillocks you see speeding around. You only see them on main roads, I guess as they catch more people so they "earn" more, yet probably save less lives.
              You'd like to see more cameras?

I think the sensible thing to do is introduce more traffic police, but then again, that doesn't raise revenue does it?

Comment

And on this subject...

Comment

You guys may have speed cameras but at least your top speed limit is realistic. Here in Japan it's fu*king retarded how slow it is. I was on a 4 lane road the other week doing 68kmph (42MPH) and got done for speeding. WTF! The limit was 50kmph which is a pathetic 31MPH. Normally I'm doing 80kmph (50MPH) to 100kmph (60MPH) on there which still isn't that fast considering the size of the road. Anyway, 1 point on my license and a 60 pounds fine. TWATS!

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
                    You'd like to see more cameras?

I think the sensible thing to do is introduce more traffic police, but then again, that doesn't raise revenue does it?
                    Actually, it would be better if people didn't drive like twats to begin with, but as that's out of the question, yeah, more cameras would be a good thing. I'd prefer the police to be handling serious crime rather than soft targets like motorists.

Comment

In a bid to cross pollinate the off topic threads, I'd like to see more Traffic Camera's that hurt, maim, rape and kill motoring offenders.

That'd sort 'em.

Comment

Only if they hurt maim kill THEN rape them though, right?

Right?

Comment

No, once again the order is optional.

I think they call it officer's discretion.

Comment

Really? Jeez. In my day officers just had sex with their donuts...

Comment

Working...
                            X