Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can turn them off?

Comment

Are you at Leeds then? I'll tell you what makes good compensation though; free usb pen drives. I must have around ten that I've just found hanging out of computers. No interesting pr0n on them yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
        You can turn them off?
        There's a little menu at the bottom right corner of each video, which reveals a little submenu containing an "annotations off" option. Especially useful for watching COD:MW2 or Team Fortress vids.

Comment

Why does the postie ALWAYS ring the doorbell when I'm sat on the can taking my morning dump? It doesn't matter what time I seem to go, he just picks the right moment, every time.

Comment

Women and cars.

My Mrs uses the car, I drive the motorhome to the station every day, rarely use the car myself. Dropped the van off for a service this morning and Mrs picked me up to go home.

I noticed (hardly noticed - it was obvious there was a problem) the car making a real bad noise from the front n/s. Mrs said she couldn't hear it - then all of a sudden she can hear it and swears it's just started. Sure, it just started when i got in the car? She says she can feel something through the clutch - I drive and sure enough it's rough as a badgers arse.

At what point was she going to tell me the car was knackered - when I got a call from her breakdown?

Grrrrrr. Guess who will be paying for the repair...........

Comment

The Mrs?

If it has to be you paying, the least you should demand in compensation is a few bell chowings. Maybe in the motorhome?

Comment

f*ck me I don't believe this, the job I was offered last friday has now been withdrawn due to me not having access to a training grant I was told I had access to.

sad panda.

Comment

Football fans moaning about the media "blowing things out of proportion".

Yeah they do to a certain degree but if the player(s) don't do stupid things in the first place then they won't be reported and talked about everywhere. Simple really.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder
                    Yeah they do to a certain degree but if the player(s) don't do stupid things in the first place then they won't be reported and talked about everywhere. Simple really.
                    Maybe people are just annoyed that football gets such a disproportionate amount of media coverage. I don't care about football, and I certainly don't care if the players are cheating on their wives.

Comment

Quite. Surely it's more of a news story when footballers aren't cheating on their wives?

Comment

16% of people have cheated on their partner. 55% of people have considered cheating, when you're ultra rich you're offered much greater temptation than an average joe would receive.

It's not uncommon, it's not newsworthy, it's not any of our bloody business.

Comment

People at sporting events on the telly who see themselves on a stadium screen, decide they want to wave at the camera and in the excitement wave at the screen they are staring at instead.

They usually have a second attempt in which they'll again get it wrong as they look and wave at the camera then realise they can't actually see themselves on the screen while looking and waving at the camera.

There's a fair chance that they'd get the whole looking at the screen and waving at the camera combination right on their third attempt but after already giving them two very expensive chances in which they've failed miserably the director has lost interest and moved on to something else.

Comment

ha, i remember a clip from an old episode of they think its all over in which the tv camera focuses on a man sitting in a near empty part of the stand wearing a daft hat, he then spots himself on screen, looks at the camera and promptly and sheepishly removes the hat, its a little thing but it made me chuckle at the time and just now remembering it

Comment

Could be worse, at US stadium events the shots of the crowd are interactive.

Comment

Earphones with detachable earbuds. I can't understand why anyone would think that a good idea. About as practical as a detachable steering wheel.

Battery powered items that require the back panel to be UNSCREWED to reach the batteries. I suppose a clip on/off panel would be too easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X