Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC Canada online customer service. 4 days to reply and their answer is "it's on your statement above the account summary".
    No, it's not. If it was there I wouldn't need to ask you!!

Canada Post. 6 days a package from the UK with a tracking number has /apparently/ sat in Vancouver. Has it? No, it's probably here but they haven't updated the tracking!!

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
      The trailer for the film "Big Miracle", it's so mawkish it would make a basket of cute kittens puke. Drew Barrymore: *sad face* "Then the whales will die." *trembly lip* BWAA HA HA HA! How could she say these lines with a straight face?
      I keep seeing posters for that with the tagline "THE TRUE STORY THAT UNITED THE WORLD."

I don't remember the world being united. You'd think the news would have mentioned an outbreak of world peace.

Comment

1. Tiscali/Talktalk upping my broadband charge by 15 quid a month when I moved - literally around the corner
        2. 2 failed attempts to buy a Orange phone online
        3. 1 successfull attempt to get a phone from phones4u, only to have them sign me up for a completely different (and more expensive) tarriff
        4. ordering another phone before realising there's no coverage in my area.
        5. Being a bit dense at times.
        6. not getting enough sleep.
        7. Being a bit dense at times
        8. Repeating myself.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
          DataDave: Time to DTB!

JazzFunk: The crazy ones are always a demon in the sack. Well worth the risk.
          My brother used to say that, until one of his ex-mentalist missus put her earrings in his booze on the off chance he might choke on them.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
            I keep seeing posters for that with the tagline "THE TRUE STORY THAT UNITED THE WORLD."

I don't remember the world being united. You'd think the news would have mentioned an outbreak of world peace.
            The trailer says it is 'inspired by a true story'. Inspired by? That could mean anything, any story at all whether related to whales or not. May as well says 'inspired by a cheese sandwich' for all it matters. I've often been inspired by little more than going for a walk. Wouldn't slap it on a trailer.

Comment

An hour ago I decided to play Gran Turismo 5. Still 62% of updates left to download.

Comment

The English voice acting in Soul Calibur 5.

Everyone apart from Ezio sounds wrong.

Comment

You should make a game where if the player doesn't like the voice acting they can use Kinect or a headset to just record their own VA which will play instead

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                    An hour ago I decided to play Gran Turismo 5. Still 62% of updates left to download.
                    ME: Hmm, I think I'll try Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
                    PS3: Sure thing! Just after you download and install a 1.7GB update.
                    ME: Yay it's installed!
                    PS3: Yay! Now to install the 1.2GB of Game Data!
                    PS3: There you go! You still have 10 minutes left before you have to go to work to enjoy the game!

Comment

The absolutely abysmal state of TV coverage of domestic football games.

I know about the ruling saying they can't show the Saturday 3pm games (however out-of-date I feel the reasoning is), but the packages that Sky and ESPN are able to purchase are clearly lacking. For example, neither of them are showing tomorrow's Arsenal/Blackburn game at 1pm. They seem to be putting huge effort into showing La Liga and Copa Del Rey (on Sky) and Serie A and Bundesliga (on ESPN), which is great, but emphasises the poor state of the domestic coverage.

And yet at the same time, the FA throw a strop about people turning towards foreign services like Novasport instead - well what do you expect people to do when you guys lack the ability to provide a vagely comprehensive service?

Comment

Arsenal Blackburn is a 3pm game, it was moved because of tube works or something.

Comment

Fair enough with that specific game

But I stand by what I said in general though - they seem to want it both ways, they fail to provide a comprehensive service due to archaic assumptions, yet throw a hissy fit when people give up on the UK coverage and turn to mainland European providers instead. It becomes hard to justify a Sky Sports subscription when I can just nip up the pub and see all the games, including 3pm games on different screens... yet in their infinite wisdom, their solution to this is to take people to court rather than create a more comprehensive service.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            ME: Hmm, I think I'll try Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
                            PS3: Sure thing! Just after you download and install a 1.7GB update.
                            ME: Yay it's installed!
                            PS3: Yay! Now to install the 1.2GB of Game Data!
                            PS3: There you go! You still have 10 minutes left before you have to go to work to enjoy the game!
                            This is what it was like playing FFXI, although that was understandable considering it was 6 years ago, an awesome large scale MMO, downloading from Japan, and everything else. And we only had to put up with large updates once every couple of months or so.

For stuff like modern day FPS and racing games this is a disgrace. There has to be a better solution.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              This is what it was like playing FFXI, although that was understandable considering it was 6 years ago, an awesome large scale MMO, downloading from Japan, and everything else. And we only had to put up with large updates once every couple of months or so.

For stuff like modern day FPS and racing games this is a disgrace. There has to be a better solution.
                              dunno if it can be done but in world of warcraft instead of downloading everything it downloads as you play

Comment

I'm sure I've irked about this before, but businesses who ignore emails really irk me.

So, what's the accepted etiquette for the number of days / tries before you flip out on someone for being an ignorant ****?

Comment

Working...
                                X