Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the toilet thoroughly only to need a **** a few minutes later.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
      Left my car with the garage all day for nothing. Phoned them at 6 to ask about it and they lied and said they had called then they told me the things that needed replacing on the car. Checked with my Dad tonight and everything they said was a load of BS. Not happy.
      Garages you don't know will always rip you off in my experience, I used to use one down the road from me whenever I needed anything doing, he seemed sound enough and reasonably priced, until a couple of years ago when I had an old focus which would cut out and lose power while driving, he told me i needed to replace the whole dash for ?500+, plus VAT, then plus labour, I was suspicious and did some research on the internet which seemed to suggest it was a ?35 speed sensor which was the problem, so I got a mate who worked at a ford dealership (miles away, otherwise i'd have always used him) to get and fit that and it fixed the problem for ?70ish all in.

Driving an '09 corsa ecoflex now, much much better for running costs in every possible way, will look at something with a bit more excitement once it's paid off but right now running costs are priority #1.

One thing i've noticed with this cold weather lately though, there is a HUGE amount of condensation and ice forming on the inside of the front window each morning, this is the only car (out of 6 so far) that i've had this problem with, it's a diesel so takes an age just sitting there to warm it with the heaters on a morning, anyone got ideas on prevention? i'm thinking a tub of salt left on the seat overnight might be worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Did you heroically do it barefoot?

No, I got changed back into my normal clothes and skullked off home. Had to go today to make up for it instead.

Today's irk was not being able to sleep. Went to bed at 10pm yesterday as I was so tired only to find myself still awake at 1am and counting down the hours until I had to get up

Comment

People on Kotaku complaining about the PS Vita and PSP games.

My God.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
            People on Kotaku.

My God.
            Fixed.

Comment

Cheers, mate!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                Kotaku.

My God.
                Fixed again.

Comment

What would I do without you guys?

Comment

Work?

Comment

Exist outside of the internets?

Comment

was playing ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 eariler and 6 times the EXACT moment the match started either the phone rang or someone knocked on the door

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Work?
                          Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Exist outside of the internets?
                          Yes and yes.

Comment

This bastard cold weather. Got a few days off, decided to get through my gaming backlog but all my gaming stuff is upstairs (no upstairs central heating).

Wearing a T-shirt, a polo shirt, a jumper, a fleece-insulated sweatshirt, a thick hoodie (with the hood up, no less!) and have now stuck a dressing gown on over the lot, and I'm still bastard cold...well, at least my "gaming hands" are!

Anyone know when this crap is gonna end, ruddy sick of it???

This is no way to spend a few days off, would much rather be back in work, where it's always warm.

Comment

Leave a hairdrier on? Candles? erm.

Comment

^Maybe Rage Against The Machine's debut album cover...

Comment

Working...
                                X