Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already drafted my evaluation of everyone. Will only make a small difference to their overall mark but oh well, at least I can put it forward.

In some ways I don't mind as I'm mainly doing it for myself and we've consistantly achieved the highest mark in all parts so far - we got 70% in something I wrote entirely on my own when the rest of the groups, bar one mark of 65%, all got 60% and below.

Comment

Well as predicted, I'm still here. Interesting to see the insomniac forum residents

Comment

I did a whole bunch of stuff for my project group, too, being the IT guy. I also had to completely redesign our group poster two hours before it was to be sent to the printers because the guy in charge of that used a dark green Star Wars font and purple background(I'm not making this up).

I decided to reverse-charge all those favours later on by asking some of the better physicists in the group to send me their dissertation drafts so I could get an idea of what to add(not for plagiarism). Only one did after much coaxing and promises that I wouldn't rip his stuff off(I didn't).

For the evaluation, we all just gave each other top marks

I managed to get a 1st for mine so was very happy, and found out some of the others did quite badly, so justice was served.

Comment

the price of getting brick walls built.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
            <snip>being the IT guy.</snip>

This is deliberate yes!? An old joke that everyone here knows except me? lol.

Comment

It irks me that there is no legal way to watch game of thrones season two in the uk unless I switch tv providers, I would quite happy pay to download it from anywhere that hbo choose but for some reason it's on sky Atlantic, a Chanel that sky have blocked virgin users from accessing, so much for sky having there monopoly reigned in.

Comment

Getting soaked and frozen walking home from work. Bloody weather!

Comment

Snow up in these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post

This is deliberate yes!? An old joke that everyone here knows except me? lol.
                    'This' being my avatar? It's even worse now because I really am the IT guy. Luckily, the office peeps have decided I'm Roy and my boss is Moss because he's more nerdy whereas I'm more cool and hip and likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      It irks me that there is no legal way to watch game of thrones season two in the uk unless I switch tv providers, I would quite happy pay to download it from anywhere that hbo choose but for some reason it's on sky Atlantic, a Chanel that sky have blocked virgin users from accessing, so much for sky having there monopoly reigned in.
                      Family or friend with a sky account +their permission to use their account + sky player on 360 or PC = Sky Atlantic

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                        3rd night in a row I'll probably be going to bed at 4am along with 1 other member of a 9 person team.
                        Who was the lucky team member this time?

Comment

well played Sir, well played.

Comment

Been at new property for 4 months, told we can let long term. Landlord has just announced he is selling up and we have to move.

Joy.

Comment

The London Underground are doing some serious pruning on the big tree just behind our garden. It's a shame because even though it's a bit of a hindrance for astronomy, I don't mind because it looks really nice! Especially once the leaves come back, it's lovely to have a big sea of green at the end of the garden, sounds great when it gets a bit windy too.

I assume the tree must have got too big and was someone impinging on the track so hopefully they will allow it to grow back for a good number of years before touching it again.

It's a shame though as now it's just gonna be empty space, it'll just look and feel much more barren. It won't be much more than a huge wooden stump with barely any leaves. Although, on the plus side, we'll get a better view of that lovely mobile phone mast that the tree is currently blocking.....

Comment

wine and food snobs ..they really irk me ...oh and movie critics how many times has a movie been panned by critics only for the same critics many years later to say it was a classic

Comment

Working...
                                X