Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a great Mitchell and Webb radio sketch taking the piss out of this, with ad execs trying to decide what music to put over adverts for the movie Roxanne, an RSPCA ad about dogs being let loose, and a documentary about the rivers of Babylon. The fact that such astoundingly shallow and uncreative people get ANY job in the media is a ****ing crime.

Comment

Trying to avoid posting in this thread but... spent most of the summer trying to live healthier- eating much more fruit than usual, cutting down on carbonated drinks, getting out a lot more, generally improving my diet and sticking to a regular sleep pattern... then I get sick within two days of going back to university after travelling on the Tube for the first time in months. Grr!

Comment

A student at uni yesterday asked me if I was a lecturer...

Comment

Perhaps they wanted to sleep with you?

Comment

My other half has been ill for a couple of weeks so I've been staying at hers, doing stuff for her. Not got an issue with that.

It's the fact that up until monday, I was fine. I get home monday evening and within half an hour, my head is pounding, my limbs feel weak and my chest feels like it's going to implode.

Still, at least it gives me time to catch up on all the tv I've missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
              ... then I get sick within two days of going back to university after travelling on the Tube for the first time in months. Grr!
              Might have just been the university - the amount of people at mine who are ill (lecturers included) is insane, and as its the first 2 weeks no one wants to miss anything which is making the problem worse. I've remained relatively unaffected for the moment fortunately..

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                Perhaps they wanted to sleep with you?
                Unlucky for him, I don't do guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                  A student at uni yesterday asked me if I was a lecturer...
                  My lecturer last Friday looks about 16, we thought he was another student until he got his laptop out and loaded up the lecture slides!

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                    Unlucky for him, I don't do guys.
                    How are you gonna meet somebody with that attitude?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      It's similar to when you are watching a program and they are using some backing music that has a title or chorus that very literally applies to what is happening/the theme of the show.

For instance I had the TV on the other day and there was some kids dog training show on, Florence and the Machine, dog days was playing the background.

It was as if they searched their database of song titles and just picked that out because it had dog in the titles, I hear the same logic all the time.
                      Have you ever had the misfortune to see "Houses Under the Hammer"?
                      It's one of those shows about buying houses and renovating them, but is shown during the day so the core audience are either retired or work-shy.

Anyway, they are terrible at doing audio puns.

During the stages of viewing the property, or whilst interviewing the buyer, music is normally played which is related to the property, or person buying. For example, whilst viewing a house that may be expensive to repair or renovate, a suitable song such as Money Money Money may be heard. Or when buying a flat in a high rise building they may use "Moving on Up" by M People. If guests mention they enjoy a certain activity they will play a song to fit that activity. For example, in the 14 April 2010 episode, a buyer said he enjoyed surfing and they played "Surfin' Safari" by the Beach Boys. One episode played AC/DC's "Back In Black" during a segment with Roberts adding the voice over "We're back in Blackburn".

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        How are you gonna meet somebody with that attitude?
                        Yeah well apparently guys don't want to date me anyway...

Comment

Vids of people smashing up Trinitrons and other CRT tubes on YouTube.

Just why.. ;-;

Comment

Why.
                            Cause people watch them doing it on YouTube?

Comment

Few a few hundred views?

Comment

Howtos as youtube videos.

If you know how to install a snes emulator onto a Vita please just write it down on a forum or a blog or something. Don't make me watch a video. Every bloody time I look up things like this there's some idiot with a 15 minute video at the top of the search results. "HEY GUYS THIS IS RAZER 692 bringing you another blah blah blah". Makes me want to kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X