Clear All

Harviestoun Mr Sno'Balls 4.5% 9;
    Ridgeway brewing reindeer droppings 6% 8.5;
    Ridgeway brewing insanely bad elf 11.2% 9
    St Peters Christmas Ale 7% 9.5

Comment

Bottle of JW Green, tomorrow is going to be unpleasant

Comment

Stop drinking ****ing Johnny Walker then.

Comment

ETC - stop flaunting your crimes!

Comment

No hangover here. Yes!

Comment

So a question to fellow drinkers...

If I said I drink, aprox, 6-12 cans of fosters/equally as watery beer - most evenings, without feeling hungover, without getting all pissed - and have been doing so for a handful of years - and still push heavy weights at gym, and still run half marathons once every couple weeks - is that so bad?

...to me that is perfectly normal but if I white lie and mention I may have 4 beers a night people go crazy!..... so I simply don't say anything.

.... is it that's its just such a weak beer it simply doesn't affect me? Is it that im a superhuman? Is it that im actually dying inside and one day will just collapse? Surely there would be a sign... or two...

...in the mean time... CHEERS!
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                So a question to fellow drinkers...

If I said I drink, aprox, 6-12 cans of fosters/equally as watery beer - most evenings, without feeling hungover, without getting all pissed - and have been doing so for a handful of years - and still push heavy weights at gym, and still run half marathons once every couple weeks - is that so bad?

...to me that is perfectly normal but if I white lie and mention I may have 4 beers a night people go crazy!..... so I simply don't say anything.

.... is it that's its just such a weak beer it simply doesn't affect me? Is it that im a superhuman? Is it that im actually dying inside and one day will just collapse? Surely there would be a sign... or two...

...in the mean time... CHEERS!
                I would say I hope you have more than one loo in the house for all the time you will be p*ssing

Depends what happens if you don't have them I guess, would you get the shakes or compulsion to have them or get angry if you don't/can't.

i can't say much I drunk a bottle of scotch yesterday (all 28 units of it)

if you want to know how much over weekly reccomended amounts is its an easy formulae

Volume of liquid x alcohol percentage divided by 1000

for a standard fosters it would be

440ml x 4% / 1000 = 1.76 units a tin

NHS guidelines suggest no more than 4 units daily as a man so about 2 and a quarter tins of the weak stuff

is it the alcohol or the taste? Try doing it with kaliber and the like for a day or two then you will have an idea if its the alcohol or ritual you are more attached to
                Last edited by ETC; 01-01-2014, 21:29.

Comment

I am a big drinker (in the most part wine) it doesn't bother me if I don't have it but would rather not take the chance lol.

Comment

Ive gone days without easily no problems, so I think that's why the wife doesn't mind. I just bloody love the taste - and, whatever I drink, or eat, I consume fast, so it goes quickly :-)

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Only just recovering from an epic chunderfest. At 6am I was doing my best kaiju impression, blasting orange 'flames' arl ower the girlfriend's mother's bathroom sink.

I've just got round to eating a few dry crackers. Touch wood, the siege is over.

Comment

dude, buy yourself a kebab!

Comment

Revived, have a cold need some vitamins, iron counts right 7.5% Nigerian guiness none of the 4% uk piss here

Comment

Every hangover for me is a shocker where I literally lose the day (+4) to feeling like ****. Hence I'm now into month 6 of no booze.

Will I ever drink again? I'm not actually sure I will. Don't miss it at all, surprisingly.

Comment

Good on you if your not bothered for drinking again then don't plus you'll have more money for games and other stuff you like.

I think everyone else has too, not much been posted in here in the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                                Every hangover for me is a shocker where I literally lose the day (+4) to feeling like ****. Hence I'm now into month 6 of no booze.

Will I ever drink again? I'm not actually sure I will. Don't miss it at all, surprisingly.
                                Nick I've been the same for many years.Wasnt ever a big drinker so just stopped despite all the pressure from others around me.I could still go out and have a good night without getting plastered.

Comment

Working...
                                X