No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likewise I wasn't a big drinker, which means when I do drink I get drunk very easily but carry on regardless. Probably why I feel so bad the next few days.

Feel much better this way, generally, sharper at work, not as groggy during the week, and for the first time in many years my belly is flat.

It is strange how some mates just can't get their head round it though. A few think I'm mad.

Comment

Yeah, when you go non-drinker it's like you've suddenly grown two heads. Reminds you of how much British culture and society revolves around the imbibing of alcohol and not much else.

Comment

So true.

I've been enjoying a beer or two per week again since August, after 2 years off alcohol. I drank a little too much at the christmas part in January but otherwise I've been quite a good boy. I'm going for taste rather than quantity and am working my way through different Canadian beers (no Labatt's fyi) and avoiding the common ones, like Coors and Molson.

This week I have been mostly drinking: Thirsty Beaver amber ale.

Comment

Im back again brewdog you sexy ba****d

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
            A few think I'm mad.
            Minor zombie revival.

You are though Nick
            I'm really into my brewing and make beer that is easily better than anything available commercially so can't see myself giving up anytime soon. That said my home made stuff never gives me a hangover or upsets my stomach. If I drink anything in a pub though I have to be very selective.

Comment

Interesting development: Recently I've been having deferred hangovers. If I drink on Friday, it hits Sunday. Last Friday we had a drinking party and I was fine all weekend then Sunday night I got a big headache!

As for beer; I can't stand it. Two reasons:

1) The taste. I've tried various beers over the past few years, each time hoping I'll get it but I never do. And usually it ruins whatever meal I'm having at the time. I drink whiskey, vodka and other spirits and alcoholic stuff. Here in Japan I'm loving potato liquor (imo shochu), sake and plum wine. Plum wine! I love sweet drinks.

2) The drunk feeling. When I've drunk beer my head feels really mushy at the time. With other drinks my drunkenness is more like sleepiness but with beer I feel like someone's inserted a duvet into my head. I hate it. I don't drink to get drunk, nor do I drink to lower my inhibitions, and beer just interferes with the fun I'm having.

But seriously, imo shochu is amazing.

Last year we visited a little island down south and an old lady selling BBQ'd squids gave me some shochu. It was delicious. She told me she made it from a flower that blooms only one night every year and it had bloomed the night before

Comment

That sounds like an RPG requirement. The Bloom of Eminent Lashing may only be harvested on a cloudless night between 9pm and 3am during March. However when you get it you can evolve your Boozehound into a Lashmon.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post

Im back again brewdog you sexy ba****d
                  Gorgeous stuff that.

I had one bottle of Brewdog Mixtape last night. It's half Belgian Tripel and half triple IPA matured for about two years in a whisky barrel. Absolutely stunning beer and rather strong.
                  I will hopefully be in Brewdog Dundee on Sunday too!

Comment

We had a BBQ recently where I drank 12 bottle box of San Miguel. Interestingly I did not suffer from a hangover, or feel pished at any time.

Quite chuffed with that.

My dad has pretty much never had a hangover, which annoys the t1ts off me. I reckon it's a metabolism thing.

Comment

There was an article in this mornings Metro about natural wines e.g. ones with no added materials which are used to stop fermentation or aid clearing. A common addition would be Sodium or Potassium Metabisulphite known as campden powder. The sulphites are know to affect the way the liver can metabolise alcohol which results in hangovers. Other additions to aid clarity are chitosan, kiesosol or isinglass which are derived from crustacean shells, silicate and fish swim bladders respectively.
                      Needless to say I don't add anything to my beer

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                        We had a BBQ recently where I drank 12 bottle box of San Miguel. Interestingly I did not suffer from a hangover, or feel pished at any time.

Quite chuffed with that.

My dad has pretty much never had a hangover, which annoys the t1ts off me. I reckon it's a metabolism thing.
                        Ha...my Dad SAYS that too. If ever he felt ropy the next day it was always the crab sticks/scratchings/sandwiches that caused it. Never the booze

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                          Ha...my Dad SAYS that too. If ever he felt ropy the next day it was always the crab sticks/scratchings/sandwiches that caused it. Never the booze
                          I've literally never seen him hungover, but I've seen him wasted. bast*rd.

I forgot to mention that although I didn't feel drunk, I obviously was, as I managed to set my BBQ on fire and nearly the big wooden garage we have too.

Comment

Tasty

Comment

I haven't tried that one. What type of beer is it?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                I haven't tried that one. What type of beer is it?
                                It's the 7th anniversary beer its the only AB (Abstrakt) to ever make it (its AB:04) it's an imperial stout, lush but packs a hell of a punch (15.1%) has toffee notes and naga chilli too its excellent but over ?15
                                in the pub

description from brewdog

Comment

Working...
                                X