No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazz what other Polish beers do you reccomend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      Mind you, our student union sells Carlsberg for ?1.30 a pint, which is a temping proposition.
      99p at ours. Well, on mondays at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
        Jazz what other Polish beers do you reccomend.
        All the obvious ones, Okocim, Tyskie, Zywiec, Lech, and their variants, which are usually stronger and can be bought in shops like B&M/Bargain Madness, though I don't know if they have branches outside of Yorkshire(???) You can get Tyskie and Zywiec pretty easily from Tesco/Morrisons/ASDA. There're plenty more Polish beers I haven't tried yet, but I will when they come cheaply my way.

Okocim's got a nice, thick flavour I really like, almost like a strong ale, the rest I mentioned taste crisper and more lager-like, but ALL share pretty high percentages, being 5.5%-5.6% (the Poles work hard and like their beer strong, and that's how I handle my biznitch!)

EDIT: Some nice ones on here, the 'mocne' ones are usually stronger and more ale-ish, more like them trappist beers:

Buy online the Biggest selection of World Beers, Cider, Spirits, Wine, etc. Or visit our store in King’s Lynn, the biggest beer shop in Britain! Free delivery.

I get my Okocims in 4x500ml cans for £2.99 from B&M, but the main supermarkets tend to charge around £1.30 - £1.59 per 500ml bottle of Polish lager. Even at that price, it's worth buying a few bottles.
        Last edited by JazzFunk; 15-12-2009, 23:37.

Comment

Had a nice bottle of Martini Asti with dinner.

Comment

great link jazz, saw a beer i had forgotten about there Carlsberg Elephant, had it 10 years ago in Belgium and was the shizzle, the ultimate Carlsberg there 7.2% just ordered a few

Comment

Just finished a nice Asahi Super dry. Would have gone for Okocim but while doing the weekly shop this evening I discovered the local Tesco has stopped selling it, which is a shame.

Other favorites include:

Cains Fine Raisin Beer, Everards Original, Theaksons Old Peculiar, Marstons Old Empire & Owd Rodger, Tsing Tao & Wychwood's Hobgoblin & Goliath.

Now do I finish off another Asahi or save it for tomorrow?

Comment

Had a bit of a session with some friends at the pub this afternoon, last one before we all disperse home for Christmas. Didn't go too overboard though, just 4 pints of Grolsch before heading home. Thinking of having as few cans of Stella 4% before heading to bed (gotta be somewhat awake tomorrow morning - Japanese Translation lecture).

Comment

I'm off to brave the cold in a moment to get a chilled drinky. Working on a new picture at the moment and need something to relax the senses.

I'll take my passport just incase, don't want to be like you kernow! ;-)
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

haha

Comment

Back from the coldness and my god it's slippery out there. Love that icy feeling though, it's not bitterly cold, but refreshingly so.

I'm going to relax for five mins with my first chilled can, and then crack on with this buggering drawing. I really hate drawing people (in portrait form that is...).

Merry Christmas all, cheers :-)
                      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I am on red wine and then some Crabbies Ginger Beer, it's a bit sweet and would benefit from a shot of vodkat though.

Comment

I took my passport this time and got asked yet again ^_^

Comment

Currently experiencing the wonder that is Innis & Gunn beer. It has some sort of toffee after taste! coming from a larger drinker, who isnt really into "Beers" or "Ales" this is lovely!! 6% too, so its strong stuff.

Anyone else had it before? Its my first try.

Comment

Skip, not a big fan of it but a colleague at work likes the taste.

Yorath, where do you get Cabbies from, love a good stong ginger beer and had a look in my local Sainsury's but could not see it?

Comment

I got this from Sainsburys tonight - it was in the real ale section. I also got some from Waitrose the otehr night.

Comment

Working...
                                X