No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ I wish I had never had a hangover.....As I get older they last for days......Not wishing to drop the tone but they mess with your poo as well.......

Comment

Ha! Do they ever... I usually have to go to the loo for a number 2 a good five or six times after a particularly drinky evening (usually depends on how stressful a new drawing is! ha)

Tonight me and the misses got a wee bit of Christmas shopping and along the way I saw an offer of 3 boxes of 15 cans for £20! That's 45 cans! Absolutely bargain that is... So now I have two boxes getting all nice and cold in the shed, and one box up here to go through tonight

*sticks on classically cheesy Christmas music and sings along merrily*

Cheers to all
      Last edited by Adam Stone; 19-12-2009, 20:13.
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
        I saw an offer of 3 boxes of 15 cans for ?20! That's 35 cans!

Comment

settling down to becks number 3 steady away tonight

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post

Ha! You can tell i've already had a couple

*goes to edit...*

Comment

Just finished watching Alien, god i love that film.

Anyhoo... Working my way through my box of beers, very tasty indeedy.

Importaku, you mentioned you don't drink buddy? Very commendable mate, and yes, having a few too many surely does have its nasty side, yet there is something very refreshing, something uniquely personal and satisfying about having a few cheeky cans whilst listening to your favourite tunes.

It also helps to clear the mind! Ha. One of my struggles whilst drawing a new picture or writing for my novel is that usually there are so many things going on upstairs, so many contrasting feelings, thoughts and emotions that i literally can't focus my thoughts to a singular aspect because my mind is all muddled. It's easier to simply go to sleep. The beauty of a beer is that it helps to clear all that muddled mess and allows the mind to focus on one thing at a time, which is utter bliss. I often chuckle to myself that pretty much my entire Mario Galaxy review was written after a few cans! hehe
              Last edited by Adam Stone; 19-12-2009, 22:29.

Comment

^I get what you mean with the 'head full of stuff' thing, I write way better when I've had a few, though my drawing suffers as I get a bit distracted. When I used to cane the weed, I used to paint/draw all the time, mega-colourful stuff.

On my third 1-pint can of Carlsberg Export, playing a pretty ****e PS2 game called "International Golf Pro" that I got from CEX for 20p(!), I paid for it totally in spare coppers from my jacket pocket! It's alright, in a totally crap way.

Comment

I'm glad it's not just me then :-)

Almost finished the first box... Is it wrong that I'm tempted to start the next?

On my new drawing i'm currently working on the fine details within the eye, a bloody pain to say the least. Maybe another can will help.... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Am i the only one that dosen't drink on here?

I always wondered if im missing out but reading through this thread it sounds quite horrible once the hangovers kick in hehe.
                    Perhaps, and no, you're not missing out. I limit myself to drinking at Christmas and hardly touching anything the rest of the year. That way I have more money for GAMES. Especially now I have to pay postage from Japan...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                      On my new drawing i'm currently working on the fine details within the eye
                      The eyes are buggers, one false move and they're sodded, especially when you're using inks. In that respect, the alc helps, it steadies the hand. Valium has the same effect, though it'd be wise not to get addicted to that.

Comment

I've had so much to drink that i've just bought a PS3, let's see how i feel about THAT in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
                          I've had so much to drink that i've just bought a PS3, let's see how i feel about THAT in the morning.
                          Haha that's almost as awesome as the time I woke up with 5 garden gnomes, 3 hanging baskets, a traffic cone and a roadworks sign next to my bed

Comment

Ha, very impressive :-)

The worst (well... i suppose that's debatable) is swapping multiple pub signs around in a singular town. Ha, was good fun that was. Dressed up in army gear and everything!

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                              Haha that's almost as awesome as the time I woke up with 5 garden gnomes, 3 hanging baskets, a traffic cone and a roadworks sign next to my bed
                              I still have a "theft proof" road sign in my loft that i've had for 12 years, i have no idea what to do with it! I once woke up with six chicken curries with fried rice next to my bed, because i think i was trying to impress the fit girl behind the counter in the Chinese with my big time spending. Didn't work, but they were a welcome breakfast.

Comment

Oh! And I've also broke into my old high school and re-visited all those horrible classrooms in pitch black, setting off all the alarms. Well, I suppose that doesn't count because I wasn't under the influence of alcohol! Ha. Good fun though

Comment

Working...
                                X