No announcement yet.

Fun things to do in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh heh heh. You'd probably shoot the zorb!

I always said the ULTIMATE stag do would be paintballing in go-karts in a strib club (dancers in perspex tubes - I've thought this through...).

Either that or a bunch of mates going on Takeshi's Castle.

Comment

Lol probably!!!

Can't believe you went to the car museum in keswick but didn't go to the pencil museum lol.

Comment

Evening classes is a top shout in my book, I did Japanese evening classes for 18 months or so when I first moved to London and had a great time. Chances are if you pick something you're interested in, you'll be around plenty of like-minded folk which is always nice. Great way to meet people if you're looking to do that, too.
        Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
        Next stop is a weekend break to Paris, I had an awful time there about 6 years ago and I want to go back and see if I can finally understand why everyone likes it so much.
        I did a quick 2-break to Paris last year for a gig with a lady friend. The place itself isn't that great imo - especially N. Paris where we were, which was a bit of a toilet in all honesty - but there's some great times to be had if you're in the right company. Plus I can now legitimately use the phrase "We'll always have Paris", awesome.

Comment

It looks like Lost Planet 2 is the only thing I want to play this year.

Apart from that one game I only have the gym to keep me occupied when I'm not doing anything work/career related.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I always said the ULTIMATE stag do would be paintballing in go-karts in a strib club (dancers in perspex tubes - I've thought this through...).
          HAha! awesome!
          Last edited by dataDave; 05-01-2010, 09:36.

Comment

1. Do something to get yourself featured in a story for the local newspaper, or write a ridiculous letter and get it published. Set this challenge with some friends and see who gets published first.

Next stage...

2. Concoct some ridiculous story involving a love triangle and some other nonsense, dress like chavs and try to get on Jeremy Kyle.

Comment

Took my own advice and went down to the V&A Museum. Cannot remember going there previously (surely have but the other museums near it - Science and Nat History - are much more memorable for the youngster I used to be) but it is a great place and will be back soon to go properly. Tories are quite likely to impose fees on the museums and galleries if/when in power so go do it now! They have a media art exhibition [£5] at the mo.

There is an obsceeeene amount of stuff to do in London and a whole load of free or very cheap stuff too. Go and appreciate the city, it may be coming out of its cusp of a wave period in the noughties but still a great great place.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                There is an obsceeeene amount of stuff to do in London and a whole load of free or very cheap stuff too. Go and appreciate the city, it may be coming out of its cusp of a wave period in the noughties but still a great great place.
                Second this. About 3 years ago me and my mum got a guide book of london and made a list of all the places that looked interesting, and since then we go out to London together about every 2 or 3 months and go to a couple of them in that day. Almost finished the list now - got foiled a bit by the snow last month.

Comment

Working...
                X