No announcement yet.

The Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, now the fun begins. Emergency budget already confirmed within the next 50 days.

Having this Con-Lib government will certainly make for interesting times.

Comment

At least we have two parties to blame this time if things go tits up.

Comment

Labour are onto a total winner if it does go pear shaped. No-one else to run to next time out!

Comment

As a Civil Servant I'm very worried by this coalition, particularly as the Lib Dems said they would close my department down in their manifesto!

Comment

What is your department/job?

Comment

All set to pass judgement?

Comment

Of course. Note that nothing was said about what a great job that department do.

Perhaps it was the Art Buying Department that some Health Authorities have wasted millions of pounds on........

Comment

under the last labour government don't we have more people on the national payroll than ever before, not quite Greek levels but still far too many to be financially viable in th current climate.

can't all be essential with no scope for some cost cutting.

Comment

Take a look on the Taxpayers Alliance site - their Jobs of the Week are always a good laugh.

Comment

I'm quite hoepfull for this coalition - I think Cameron and Clegg will do their utmost to make it work.

I believe they will make a good team, and have already proved they can think outside of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                        Take a look on the Taxpayers Alliance site - their Jobs of the Week are always a good laugh.
                        Had a look at that and all the 'non-jobs' they list also exist in the private sector.

So the question is, if the profit driven private sector feel that it is worth having these jobs, why is it deemed to be unnecessary for the public sector?

Comment

because the private sector can waste the money they've earned on whatever they see fit, but the public sector should have more of the basic functions fully serviced rather than these stupid PC equality drivel type jobs.

would you rather have 2 more fireman or a diversity consultant if your house was on fire ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                            Had a look at that and all the 'non-jobs' they list also exist in the private sector.

So the question is, if the profit driven private sector feel that it is worth having these jobs, why is it deemed to be unnecessary for the public sector?
                            ALL the non jobs? Not even close, makes your question without basis.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              because the private sector can waste the money they've earned on whatever they see fit, but the public sector should have more of the basic functions fully serviced rather than these stupid PC equality drivel type jobs.

would you rather have 2 more fireman or a diversity consultant if your house was on fire ?
                              But the argument is that the private sector is a lean, mean efficiency driven machine, so the point still stands.

And I think the argument about 'front line services' is far too simplistic. I'd rather not run the risk of my house not being attended to because half the fire department are on suspension following a legitimate claim for sexual harrasment. The fact remains that the private sector recruit for these positions because it significantly reduces the risk (and effectively a huge cost) of things going horribly wrong. The public sector is no different.

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez
                              ALL the non jobs? Not even close, makes your question without basis.
                              What does 'Not even close' mean? It's very easy to search their website and bring up all the 'Non-jobs' they reference on it. There are quite a few, but they all exist (or have direct equivalents) in the private sector.

But as usual in this thread, you've decided to just avoid the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                                What does 'Not even close' mean? It's very easy to search their website and bring up all the 'Non-jobs' they reference on it. There are quite a few, but they all exist (or have direct equivalents) in the private sector.

But as usual in this thread, you've decided to just avoid the question.
                                You claimed all the jobs, which is clearly not the case. Many of the public service non jobs are specific to the public services. Of course there is some crossover with the private sector but very often in the private sector those roles are actually policies that are handled by a multi skilled departments, not discreet roles.

The questions I have 'avoided' have been due to the tripe nature of them rather than an inability to address them.

Comment

Working...
                                X