This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    Thanks for the informative replies, guys, I knew I would get the answers in this thread!

I have to say, maybe because I'm a child of the 80s, but that Hot Toys Superman looks awesome to me.
    No problems your welcome

Which one??

The one on the OSB website or the one I linked above??

I love the look of the new Chris Reeve one but the Brandon Roth one above leaves me a little cold & I don't think it's a very good likeness.

I would be interested in the HT Chris Reeve figure if I wasn't saving for Cap America & the 1989 Batman & Joker that they are releasing (one day when they can be bothered lol)

Neil

Comment

Hot Toys Cosbaby

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        No problems your welcome

Which one??

The one on the OSB website or the one I linked above??

I love the look of the new Chris Reeve one but the Brandon Roth one above leaves me a little cold & I don't think it's a very good likeness.

I would be interested in the HT Chris Reeve figure if I wasn't saving for Cap America & the 1989 Batman & Joker that they are releasing (one day when they can be bothered lol)

Neil

The C.Reeve Superman. I want it pretty bad.

Also, I found out HT did a Robocop figure but I guess it would break the bank trying to find one now.

Comment

That's really puzzling, the one in FP looks exactly like the Hot Toys one rather than the statue, it's pretty damn big too.

I don't have my own photo's but these 3 have now arrived, just waiting for the other two to be released in the coming months:

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            The C.Reeve Superman. I want it pretty bad.

Also, I found out HT did a Robocop figure but I guess it would break the bank trying to find one now.
            LOL welcome to the world of Hot Toys

Yeah they did 2 a first movie one & also one from Robocop 3 & your right they arent cheap now at around ?400 for the first one & ?300 for the 3 edition on Ebay

But what you really wan't is the Sideshow Robocop Premium Format but he's going for even more.

But even more expensive & totally awesome was Hot Toys ED-209 & at almost ?1k he's just plain stupid money these days.

Hot Toys really do become expensive over time so it really pays to get your orders in early if you see something you like.

CTN,

Those look lush I'm still in 2 minds about jumping on the Bushijo line I reckon once that Ivy/Harley one arrives though that will make my mind up for me

Neil

Comment

There's enough of the Bishoujo one's that it's starting to become quite a costly run, lol. The Catwoman one is very quickly becoming scarce on the ground though last week they revealed there's going to be an Alt Line Up with the first one being the Batgirl statue this time in Black and Gold, looks quite nice but I'm not sure I want to get into having multiples in different colours. I've still got Supergirl to get then the Ivy/Harley one. I wouldn't be surprised if a cleavage heavy Star Sapphire or Power Girl follows which might keep me buying

Comment

Catwoman... Oh my...

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  There's enough of the Bishoujo one's that it's starting to become quite a costly run, lol. The Catwoman one is very quickly becoming scarce on the ground though last week they revealed there's going to be an Alt Line Up with the first one being the Batgirl statue this time in Black and Gold, looks quite nice but I'm not sure I want to get into having multiples in different colours. I've still got Supergirl to get then the Ivy/Harley one. I wouldn't be surprised if a cleavage heavy Star Sapphire or Power Girl follows which might keep me buying
                  Lol yeah they do like to make them a bit booby don't they??

That was something that I noticed with the Ame-Comi line up the Supergirl & Powergirl one's were just a little silly

I do wish I'd started picking them up though at the start.
                  I've only got Zatana because she was cheap (?18 delivered) all the others I've wanted have been nearly ?40 by the time you factor in shipping & no way they were worth that much IMO

Neo & anyone else intersted Sideshow have put up pre-orders for the Classic Thor "action" pose statue...

$275 plus shipping isn't too bad really.

Neil

Comment

If that Thor figure crops up over here for a reasonable price I don't think I'll be able to resist.

I think it would look even better if they did it with the a 'modern' Thor.

What prices are people finding for the Bishoujo Catwoman and Batgirl? I have looked in a few places and it seems to be circa ?50-60. I could have sworn I've seen them cheaper a couple of months ago.

CTN - what are the colours like on them? Batgirls cape looks so vibrant in stock photo's. Not sure if they are like that for real or not, can you confirm?

Comment

So IT came today and i've been at a friends drinking but i couldn't resist looking at them. Theya re sooooooooooooooo amazing

1 Pic. Horse mode pics plus a load more this weekend! GX-46 Dygenguar & Aussenseiter. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                        If that Thor figure crops up over here for a reasonable price I don't think I'll be able to resist.

I think it would look even better if they did it with the a 'modern' Thor.

What prices are people finding for the Bishoujo Catwoman and Batgirl? I have looked in a few places and it seems to be circa ?50-60. I could have sworn I've seen them cheaper a couple of months ago.

CTN - what are the colours like on them? Batgirls cape looks so vibrant in stock photo's. Not sure if they are like that for real or not, can you confirm?
                        I'm in the same boat if Thor shows up for about ?150-?180 then I'm gonna find it hard to resist

I'm sure the Bushijo figures have crepy up slowly they were around the ?45 mark a while ago but I'm guessing the weak ? has bumped the price up slightly but some do look well worth the money.

Speaking of them CTN are yo getting the Marvel one's as well of just DC??
                        The Psylocke one looks awesome

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                        So IT came today and i've been at a friends drinking but i couldn't resist looking at them. Theya re sooooooooooooooo amazing

1 Pic. Horse mode pics plus a load more this weekend! GX-46 Dygenguar & Aussenseiter. Damn.

Damn they are sweet
                        Look forward to the horsey pics & more shots they are immense & look well worth the money.

Well done on another fine purchase.

Neil

Comment

Yep, ?50 is pretty much the Bishoujo price across the board for both DC and Marvel lines. As there's so many I opted just to get the DC line (current rumour is there'll be just the 6 statues bar colour variants). I tend to find the DC ones to be of better quality though I agree Psylocke looks great. As for the ones I have Batgirl is a whole figure, Catwoman is the most fiddly with the attachable bits and posable whip, Wonder Womans spears place easily. Well chuffed with them and the colour on WW and Batgirl is very vibrant with a lovely finish. Hopefully Supergirl mantains the quality in both build and arse, lol

Also, went to FB in Manc today and can confirm it's def the huge Reeves Hot Toys Superman statue, not sure how they got it though and I don't think it's for sale.

For comparison here's the alternate Batgirl coming later this year:

Comment

Word of warning about the bishoujo line, the early marvel stuff is 1/8 scale and the DC stuff is 1/6. The newer marvel stuff was also changed to 1/6 which pissed off a lot of people, so i you want a consistent collection maybe miss out the earlier marvel releases.

So yeah as i posted last night my Dygenguar and Aussenseiter came yesterday, had a good play with them tonight and they are just fantastic, so well made and full of diecast! I was worried about dropping ?150 on them but when you think you are getting 2 full SOC figures, with a ton of accessories, one which transforms ( spectacularly i might add ) and then they both combine! So that's how i convinced myself that ?150 was a complete steal

Few more pics on my page here, as you can probably tell i am overjoyed with these
                            Last edited by NeoDragoN; 19-06-2011, 22:13.

Comment

Pentabot

Last edited by MisterBubbles; 21-06-2011, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                                Word of warning about the bishoujo line, the early marvel stuff is 1/8 scale and the DC stuff is 1/6. The newer marvel stuff was also changed to 1/6 which pissed off a lot of people, so i you want a consistent collection maybe miss out the earlier marvel releases.

So yeah as i posted last night my Dygenguar and Aussenseiter came yesterday, had a good play with them tonight and they are just fantastic, so well made and full of diecast! I was worried about dropping ?150 on them but when you think you are getting 2 full SOC figures, with a ton of accessories, one which transforms ( spectacularly i might add ) and then they both combine! So that's how i convinced myself that ?150 was a complete steal

Few more pics on my page here, as you can probably tell i am overjoyed with these
                                ...I REALLY have to stop checking these threads. Now I want too.

I should break out my Revoltech Gurren Lagann.

Comment

Working...
                                X