Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done matey. She does indeed look very nice.

Can't wait for the Batman statue to go up for pre order. The amount of fervour that it'll create on the various statue websites will probably cause the SSC website to crash due to the amount of traffic it'll experience. Everyone will be trying to get an order in as soon as it goes up. Cue flippers making an absolute killing on it.

Better make sure you're ready at the keyboard, watching the clock tick down, with no distractions (eg. Baby!) lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      Well done matey. She does indeed look very nice.

Can't wait for the Batman statue to go up for pre order. The amount of fervour that it'll create on the various statue websites will probably cause the SSC website to crash due to the amount of traffic it'll experience. Everyone will be trying to get an order in as soon as it goes up. Cue flippers making an absolute killing on it.

Better make sure you're ready at the keyboard, watching the clock tick down, with no distractions (eg. Baby!) lol!
      Thanks buddy

Lol it was bad enough getting this one the site was SLOOOOOOW & some people couldn't log on at all so expecting something about 10 times worse when Bat's goes up.

Although I expect when they do Galactus the entire Interweb may explode with excitement.
      I'm thinking he will be their big last day unveil at Comic Con...go out on a high

Neil

Comment

Have you seen the Galactus reveal video that's now up?

HOLY F#*K !!! He's an absolute beast!!!!

A choice of 2 faces and 2 Heralds!

The price of this thing is getting higher by the day!!!

Comment

Have you seen the Galactus reveal video that's now up?

HOLY F#*K !!! He's an absolute beast!!!!

A choice of 2 faces and 2 Heralds!

The price of this thing is getting higher by the day!!!
          I havent but will be watching now.

Keep looking at Ivy & the more I look at the Exclusive switch out Mutant plants I cant help but think..."Feed me Seymour...Feed me NOW" lol

Comment

Just watched the Galactus vid & he is looking amazing.
            Shame he will be way past my budget but I'd love to own him.

Do you know who the other Herald is??
            Vid moves to fast to see him & I can't have the sound on...Chloe is asleep in the moses basket next to me.

Going to one of the best statues ever that one...you picking him up??

Neil

Comment

The 2 heralds are SS and Nova.

As for picking him up? Depends on a number of factors. The first is the price. If it's circa $1k I may well do. Secondly is the lead time for him from pre order to final payment. If it's circa 7+ months, it'll mean more time to save and thus not feeling (too much) the massive hole in my wallet. Thirdly is the wife. No way on earth will I be able to tell her the true price. Fear for my life if I did!!! Lastly is the final few scenes in that vid where you see in hand Dr. D's helmet. Now that I imagine will be the piece to end all pieces. I imagine I will like it A LOT! And rest assured he will be ridiculously expensive!

Luckily for me, there are only 2/3 pieces that I know I want which are coming out this year (beside the big G and Dr. D), so I'm able to budget accordingly.

Going to have to still take up doing a paper round to make ends meet tho' lol !

Comment

Me and my associate picked up an EX Posion Ivy too because we think she is gonna be hot and a worthwhile investment

Galactus looks great but I'm not overly thrilled on the hyper detail look like i wasn't with the LSB. i do like the stoic face that's on him, but hate the teeth one completely. So yeah i'm on the fence about old Galen....he'll be $1500+ at least....

I wish Bowen would move his arse and do a nice comic book style one around 30 inches tall, they did a Sentinel at that height so a Galactus that big for next phase isn't out of the question.

Comment

The 2 heralds are SS and Nova.

As for picking him up? Depends on a number of factors. The first is the price. If it's circa $1k I may well do. Secondly is the lead time for him from pre order to final payment. If it's circa 7+ months, it'll mean more time to save and thus not feeling (too much) the massive hole in my wallet. Thirdly is the wife. No way on earth will I be able to tell her the true price. Fear for my life if I did!!! Lastly is the final few scenes in that vid where you see in hand Dr. D's helmet. Now that I imagine will be the piece to end all pieces. I imagine I will like it A LOT! And rest assured he will be ridiculously expensive!

Luckily for me, there are only 2/3 pieces that I know I want which are coming out this year (beside the big G and Dr. D), so I'm able to budget accordingly.

Going to have to still take up doing a paper round to make ends meet tho' lol !
                  I could see one was Surfer but the vid clipped to fast to make out Nova...sweet idea though.

Can understand the price being a factor & I got my fingers crossed he's around the $1k mark for you but I do suspect that like Alex said we are looking at this being much nearer $1.5k & taking the crown of most expensive statue I've ever laid eye's on.
                  Dread to think how much he'll go for on th second hand market for those that will just flip it.

I'd totally missed the Doom helmet but just re-watched the vid & it looks amazing, looks like it's gonna be huge too.

Oooh pray tell what pieces do you have your eye on?
                  Hope you can score either G or Doom as well this year they will look fantastic.

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                  Me and my associate picked up an EX Posion Ivy too because we think she is gonna be hot and a worthwhile investment

Galactus looks great but I'm not overly thrilled on the hyper detail look like i wasn't with the LSB. i do like the stoic face that's on him, but hate the teeth one completely. So yeah i'm on the fence about old Galen....he'll be $1500+ at least....

I wish Bowen would move his arse and do a nice comic book style one around 30 inches tall, they did a Sentinel at that height so a Galactus that big for next phase isn't out of the question.
                  Welcome aboard the PF train Alex
                  Ivy does look great doesn't she?
                  Hoping the factories don't balls her up though...the vines on the legs could be a pain & could lead to some nasty paint bleed if they aren't really really careful.
                  Does this mean you'll be grabbing a Batman PF as a potential investment as well??

Didn't realise Bowen had made a mega Sentinel...any pics??
                  Would like to see Bowens take on Galactus as well...I do like the look of the SSC one but he's way beyond my meagre means.

Neil

Comment

Well it wouldn't surprise me if both you and Al were right with you're price guesstimate. Not sure I could justify going that high tbh. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I think you may be right in what you said earlier in that this piece will be the final Comicon reveal, their coup de grace so to speak!

I'm not sure if there will be much flipping going on with the piece tho'. He's obviously going to be seriously expensive, which in turn is going to limit potential buyers. If you take the Skarr statue for example, he came out a price that, even tho' fairly expensive, flippers are able to mark up him quite a bit already (I'm referring to the EX version by the way). This piece will be high end with a price tag to match, and as such takes him out of flipper territory. However, if it's got a small production run then that changes things I think.

As for other pieces in my crosshairs, Doom (similar scenario to the above), just hope we get to see something soon of him, that way I may be able to decide to go for him or the big G instead. Bowens TaskMaster has got my money all over it, perhaps Deadpool on the moped (if it drops in price after release) and the new Apocalypse statue (only seen a few sneak peaks, which looks promising).

I'll also be keeping my eye on the upcoming Hulk Statue which should be revealed at the SDCC, some people are saying that it's going to be the definitive version. I've only seen a couple of small pics of him, but he does look special.

All in all, the Comicon has only got a few pieces that I like, but all of them are very expensive! I guess it's a trade off between not buying any of the dear pieces and sticking to the smaller size/price ones, that way being able to build a nice sized collection, or go for the big pieces and only having a few special pieces due to prices and size.

Either way, the next week or so will define my budget/list of wants for the rest of the year. Should be interesting!

Comment

The Sentinels Bowen did are very old school. I did ask bowen if he would consider a modern re-release and he said it might happen next phase ( this phase finishes in Dec ) As you can see they were huge even dwarfing apocalypse, and they came with Multiple arms too.

Does give hope that a Galactus of that size or bigger could be done though.

Comment

Well it wouldn't surprise me if both you and Al were right with you're price guesstimate. Not sure I could justify going that high tbh. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I think you may be right in what you said earlier in that this piece will be the final Comicon reveal, their coup de grace so to speak!

I'm not sure if there will be much flipping going on with the piece tho'. He's obviously going to be seriously expensive, which in turn is going to limit potential buyers. If you take the Skarr statue for example, he came out a price that, even tho' fairly expensive, flippers are able to mark up him quite a bit already (I'm referring to the EX version by the way). This piece will be high end with a price tag to match, and as such takes him out of flipper territory. However, if it's got a small production run then that changes things I think.

As for other pieces in my crosshairs, Doom (similar scenario to the above), just hope we get to see something soon of him, that way I may be able to decide to go for him or the big G instead. Bowens TaskMaster has got my money all over it, perhaps Deadpool on the moped (if it drops in price after release) and the new Apocalypse statue (only seen a few sneak peaks, which looks promising).

I'll also be keeping my eye on the upcoming Hulk Statue which should be revealed at the SDCC, some people are saying that it's going to be the definitive version. I've only seen a couple of small pics of him, but he does look special.

All in all, the Comicon has only got a few pieces that I like, but all of them are very expensive! I guess it's a trade off between not buying any of the dear pieces and sticking to the smaller size/price ones, that way being able to build a nice sized collection, or go for the big pieces and only having a few special pieces due to prices and size.

Either way, the next week or so will define my budget/list of wants for the rest of the year. Should be interesting!
                        To be fair I'd really like it if me & Al were wrong with the guesstimate...I'd love it to be cheaper so more people could enjoy the piece & not start setting a precedent with super high pricing.
                        Still I doubt that will happen & we'll be witnissing the brith of the ?ber collectable for only the richest collectors, shame really.

You could be right with the flipping but you'd be surprised with the cash some of the flippers accumulate thanks to their pricing so there's every chance it will happen...which annoys me no end.

Looking forward to a reveal on the Doom, I like him as a villain & always fancied a statue but as you've seen with most purchases DC rules my heart so he's been down the list for a while but maybe one day.
                        Task master sounds impressive as well so would like to see him when you pick him up.
                        Deadpool on the moped though?? Seriously not for me, I have never seen the attraction to him, sure he's ok but always just been a bit meh for me.

Didn't know there was a new Apocalypse that could be interesting...always wanted the Bowen one but he's been beyond my means so maybe the new one might be worth some investigating...get in while he's a bit cheaper lol

Which Hulk do you mean?
                        Bowen have a couple up on Sideshow at the moment which look pretty sweet to me & they aren't too dear either at $250

Lol isn't it always the way...whatever we want are the expensive items lol
                        Hope you find everything you want though

The Sentinels Bowen did are very old school. I did ask bowen if he would consider a modern re-release and he said it might happen next phase ( this phase finishes in Dec ) As you can see they were huge even dwarfing apocalypse, and they came with Multiple arms too.

Does give hope that a Galactus of that size or bigger could be done though.
                        They are pretty impressive in size but I've never been a fan of the classic look with them & hope that if he does another run we see them more up to date...they are freaking huge they.

Like that Mr Sinister statue in the pic you linked as well he looks sweet & by the looks of things is as rare as rocking horse poop judging by Ebay searches.

Would like to see Bowen's take on Galactus though, reckon that would be amazing.

Neil

Comment

You see the Batman bust issues? 1st DC piece to make it out and SS have ****ed it up! Everyones getting them with some sort of moisture in the protective bag and its making the paint bubble.

Apparently SS are not sending anymore out and are sending the rest out in September. Pretty bad QC there because from i have seen its a pretty perfect bust otherwise.

The Hulk Grover was talking about is the Avengers Maquette.

I've actually read people are selling their Hulk PFs to get ready for this big boy.

Comment

Also

That's pretty hollow for a $700 bust. Bowen has had a lot of **** recently for lighter semi-hollow statues but looks like SS are playing the game too.

Comment

You see the Batman bust issues? 1st DC piece to make it out and SS have ****ed it up! Everyones getting them with some sort of moisture in the protective bag and its making the paint bubble.

Apparently SS are not sending anymore out and are sending the rest out in September. Pretty bad QC there because from i have seen its a pretty perfect bust otherwise.

The Hulk Grover was talking about is the Avengers Maquette.

I've actually read people are selling their Hulk PFs to get ready for this big boy.
                              I actually hadn't seen the issues woth the Bats bust but that is pretty shocking, fingers crossed they don't feck up the Joker or Ivy.

Ah I do remember seeing that Hulk statue, he does look amazing & would be a must buy if I could afford everything lol
                              Still I do like the look of the $250 Bowen pieces & they would do me fine if I wanted one on a budget,

Also

That's pretty hollow for a $700 bust. Bowen has had a lot of **** recently for lighter semi-hollow statues but looks like SS are playing the game too.
                              Thats mad that they are that hollow, didn't realise they were wuite that empty inside (kind of like my head really lol)

Neil

Comment

Neil - You've only got a hollow head thanks to Chloe! Babies do that to anyone lol!

So after my prediction that Galactus would be revealed at the last day of the SSC Comi Con, the full reveal is tomorrow!!!

Couldn't have got it more wrong really!

Hopefully it'll be a quite day in the office tomorrow, if only so that not too many colleagues see me weeping uncontrollably when I see the price tag!

Comment

Working...
                                X