No announcement yet.

Android recommended games and applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The desire is outside of my upgrade bracket sadly, I'd be looking at paying more a month for less than I'd get with the Wildfire.

Good to know it runs a gba emulator ok on an earlier model though, cheers

You tried anything more processor intensive on it btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      The desire is outside of my upgrade bracket sadly, I'd be looking at paying more a month for less than I'd get with the Wildfire.

Good to know it runs a gba emulator ok on an earlier model though, cheers

You tried anything more processor intensive on it btw?
      Probably the most intensive thing i have run is gameboidgba, something like yoshies island, stutters the music slightly but was perfectly playable. I really wouldn't bother with anything intensive on the hero, legend or wildfire as they simply dont have the grunt.

Heres quite a good wildfire review http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/28/htc-wildfire-review/. Id probably go for the hero to be honest over the wildfire given the choice, from the sounds of it despite having slightly more ram the wildfire doesn't sound up to much.

Comment

That review sounds a bit unfair to me, it's being compared to HTC's more pricier models rather than being judged on it's merits.

Obviously an entry level phone is going to have a lower res screen and video playback? Why would anyone bother with upgrades if it didn't?

It's the first bad review I've read for it, most others seem to heap praise down on it.

Comment

Me again. Just signed up for a pretty good deal on a samsung galaxy s so now an official droider! If I want to buy something off the market in dollars or yen, will I get charged at the current exchange rate in pounds? Also, how do I tell what is and what isnt a safe rom for use with snesoid etc? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            Me again. Just signed up for a pretty good deal on a samsung galaxy s so now an official droider! If I want to buy something off the market in dollars or yen, will I get charged at the current exchange rate in pounds? Also, how do I tell what is and what isnt a safe rom for use with snesoid etc? Cheers.
            All apps are charged at current up to date exchange rate yes.

No idea how to tell if a rom is safe or not, but i figure any phishing or militias software attached would be for windows anyway and wouldnt be able to take data from a phone, ive had no problems what so ever.

for gba bios bin: http://www.filefront.com/13963819/gba-bios.bin/
            for roms: http://www.doperoms.com/

A report on your new phone would be good to, dont know anything about it so a first hand repot would be nice, ie have samsung skinned android or left it stock, features etc.

Comment

My bank flagged up my account as fraud when i bought a few apps from USA, then UK, then refunded a few... Doh Apparently they thought Google was a USA grocery store!

The Galaxy S is heavily skinned. Really nice phones though, congrats Daragon!

Comment

Is a great free equivalent of Words with Friends for Android, highly recommended

Comment

Nice one Mr H, I've been aching for a Word With Friends-alike for Android for ages!

Anyone fancy a game? I'm on there as Spatial101 (surprise!)

Comment

Whacked you an invite Mr D, go easy on me!

Comment

Don't worry, this will be a (Android) first time for me

Comment

"Chrome to Phone" is out now... for 2.2 users. Lets you click a link on a website (in Chrome) and have it sent straight to your phone. Downloads, phone numbers, contact details etc...

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

That will go on for decades if taken to court (and if true), by that time android will probably be the dominant mobile platform and google probably won't care about the settlement costs.

Comment

Good close game young Jamie just pipped you in the end, look forward to the next one.

If anyone fancies a game fire me a invite
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by VR46; 13-08-2010, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                                Good close game young Jamie just pipped you in the end, look forward to the next one.

You said go easy, yet there were times when you were whuppin' my arse good and proper! I was hustled!

Will accept your rematch invitation tomorrow - love this game, it's so much fun (and the perfect excuse to stop me doing any work all day)

Comment

Working...
                                X