This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
    Someone just posted this up on Facebook and it made me giggle.

"Wipeout Homophobia on Facebook"

Taking anti-gravity racing to the next level I guess. Not sure I would have taken the series in that direction
    Good work, you made me smile.

Comment

The fact that this thread survived as long as the irks thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Telegraph
        A man who ordered a special size 14.5 slipper to fit his oversized foot was sent a size 1,450 after the Chinese manufacturers failed to spot a decimal point in his order.

Tom Boddingham, 27, has a size 13 right foot while his left is slightly bigger measuring a size 14 and a half. When he ordered his custom slipper, the manufacturers in China misread "size 14.5" and instead built a size 1,450 measuring 7ft long.

Mr Boddingham, who has always worn custom made shoes, said he now plans to sell the giant slipper on eBay. He said: "It was sent directly from Hong Kong and measures 210 x 130 x 65cms - the same length as a grizzly bear or a family car.

"I reckon I must be the owner of the biggest slipper in the world. I'm going to sell it online and if I can make a few quid out of it then all the better."

A company spokesman for Monster Slippers apologised to Tom, from Ilford, in east London, and said the mistake occurred because of a translation error.
        The spokesman said: "We have apologised to Mr Boddingham and are making him a replacement slipper of the right dimensions."

A spokesman for the factory said they thought the slipper was for a shop window display.

Comment

brilliant!

Comment

That is, in more ways than one, immense!

Comment

Ha ha ha, what did they think he wanted a size 1450 for?!!

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                Ha ha ha, what did they think he wanted a size 1450 for?!!
                A spokesman for the factory said they thought the slipper was for a shop window display.
                Read EVERY line of the post before you comment. Jeeeez.

Comment

I like the way he must have either unquestioningly spent about ?1000 on a slipper, or they just shipped it to him for the price of a normal slipper.

Comment

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking when I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                      Read EVERY line of the post before you comment. Jeeeez.

Drat! It's probably made up anyway: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/r...?newsfeed=true

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                        Drat! It's probably made up anyway: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/r...?newsfeed=true
                        There can't ever really have been any doubt, the cost thing just doesn't make any sense at all.

Comment

Killjoys.

Comment

Scrooges!!!

Comment

Netflix on my phone and android tablet.

Comment

Managing to get hold of Stone Roses tickets for Sat 30th June - boom!

Comment

Working...
                                X