• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nakamura: That is wicked!

Comment

Comment

Comment

getting my fiance into online gaming...with star trek online of all things

Comment

Just been accepted to do my Master's Degree at Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, for 2 years. There are no words to describe how I'm feeling right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
              Just been accepted to do my Master's Degree at Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, for 2 years. There are no words to describe how I'm feeling right now.
              Congrats!

Any my input to this thread: Plumbers came round to put in new shower pump and central heating pump. After they finished, they tested the shower - all good. Except the shower would not turn off. They turned the pump off but the water carried on flowing anyway under gravity from the head... Something wrong with the mixer then. They spent 20 mins faffing about with it, unable to determine what to do to fix it.

I got bored and took the whole mixer catridge out and bashed it on the floor - my assumption was that their new plumping had dislodged some limescale or similar that was now blocking the unit. It worked. (They are great plumbers, but not engineers).

However, as I found out later it turned out my assumption wasn't quite right. A couple of days later, the shower failed to turn off again, and no amount of banging it would fix it. A new mixer catridge is ?107 (the entire shower is ?120!!) so I stripped the cartridge down and finally found a component that was slightly worn and allowed a piston to slip further along its path than it should. I pulled it back through and it's now fine - just need to be careful not to turn the shower off overly vigorously, otherwise the piston pops back through. I has been fine ever since The worn part would probably cost about 12p, but they don't sell it - only the full catridge for ?107...

Anyway, dead chuffed that I solved the problem without having to fork out.

Comment

Pretty ****ing happy I imagine.

Comment

Missed my train from Chester to London due to signal failure and other delays in Liverpool. Thought I'd have to fork out for a new ticket as I had a cheap advance ticket that's only valid on a specific train at a specific time. Luckily the customer service people said as I'd been delayed by signal problems I could catch the next train anyway even though I had an advance ticket. Only gonna get home half an hour later than expected now and my faith in British train employees has been boosted

Comment

Pick a kanji. Any kanji

Congrats of the highest order

Comment

After months of car trouble (2 low speed crashes, a clamping, new gearbox, unrepeatable transmission problem that seems to have gone away) it got trhough its MOT cleanly. Hopefully this change will last.

Congrats to Jakey!

Comment

I cant think of a better place to do it, amazing. What are you studying?

Comment

Vocabulary.

Congrats Jake!

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                            After months of car trouble (2 low speed crashes, a clamping, new gearbox, unrepeatable transmission problem that seems to have gone away) it got trhough its MOT cleanly. Hopefully this change will last.
                            I'm currently getting mine ready for MOT and it's proving to be a right hassle. My Dads garage he works at is far too busy to take my car so I have to rely upon the local garage to fix my handbrake only their diagnosis was totally different to my Dads estimate, plus they want me to replace my ECU over an ABS light that won't go out...stupid idea as the car isn't worth that much anyway!

Oh this is the happy thread...whilst I was outside checking the car fuses (because I don't trust anyone) my cat Obi decided to help by climbing on the engine and having a nose around. He tried his best but he is only 1 year old. Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                              I cant think of a better place to do it, amazing. What are you studying?
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a great place to do translation isn't it?

I would try and do a module of Japanese when I get back to uni but there would be little point and the lecturer probably wouldn't want me in the class

Comment

Finally ditching my Q6600.

Comment

Working...
                                X