No announcement yet.

Best chili pickles / sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's mainly habs but lists nagas, it'll be a medium on the heat scale - but that'll be subjective to your tolerance.

Comment

Mmm picked this up today in a discount shop of all places ?3 for 4 bottles of habenero sauce... Nice

Comment

Heinz have started moving into the spicier end of the sauce market.

I'm struggling to get hold of Green Tabasco anywhere, but we got hold of the Heinz equivalent and tried it last night on some oven-roasted Mediterranean vegetables. Nice!

NEW from Heinz, a range of exciting hot sauces to liven up mealtimes!So versatile that you can simply enhance any meal, ideal for splashing over pizza, pasta, stir fries, chicken, burgers and using in many recipes.
        Whilst the three distinct chilli flavours have a great burst of heat, they are well balanced to complement the flavours of your food giving you the perfect marriage of heat and taste:
        Chipotle & Garlic: A fan of subtle heat and smokey BBQ? This medium spiced chilli sauce with garlic is great splashed on chicken wings, beef burgers and ribs.
        Green Jalapeno: Want something hot but zesty? Green Jalapeno hot sauce will fire up your imagination - great splashed on pizza, chicken and nachos.
        Yellow Habanero: Feeling brave? This fiery and sweet Yellow Habanero sauce tastes great on stir fries, fajitas and as a fiery dip.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Heinz have started moving into the spicier end of the sauce market.

I'm struggling to get hold of Green Tabasco anywhere, but we got hold of the Heinz equivalent and tried it last night on some oven-roasted Mediterranean vegetables. Nice!
          I would worry too much, they're bloody awful vinegary affairs, we reviewed them over at The Chile Foundry

Got some new sauces today from The Hot Sauce Emporium - Psycho Juice:

And some more from Capsicana Chilli Company

Last edited by MartyG; 28-07-2014, 10:35.

Comment

And some more assorted Chilli this time from Mr Vikki's

And some Wasabi too, it apparently is very hot.
            Last edited by MartyG; 28-07-2014, 10:35.

Comment

All these are far too hot for me, MartyG! I don't know how you tell the difference once your tastebuds have fainted.

When you cook for friends are they sweating after the first mouthful?!

I'm not sold on anything calling itself "Killer hot sauce"!

Comment

The Chipotle Mustard, Carrot Pickle and Garlic Pickle will all be quite mild, you'd be fine with them

People stopped coming to the house after the Chicken Vindaloo nastiness

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                  Mmm picked this up today in a discount shop of all places ?3 for 4 bottles of habenero sauce... Nice
                  Cheers Just picked up a pack from BMs.
                  Not the hottest but very nice flavour. Takes me back to Belize and Marie Sharps habanero sauce.

Comment

Not exactly sauces but nice.

2 bars of chilli chocolate, chili fudge and some chilli jellies.
                    All very nice, fudge has quite a bit of heat

Comment

Aha Grim Reaper Foods Ltd's Hell Raiser - that one has won a few awards. I'm not familiar with the others, but chilli fudge is great, works really well together.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 16-12-2013, 17:54.

Comment

Montezuma's chocolates are top quality - I've not tasted that one though.
                        There is a Hotel Chocolat next door to Montezuma's in Chichester and the HC stuff is very flashily presentented in expensive looking packaging, but the actual chocolate in Montezuma's simple packaging tastes infinitely better.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Aha Grim Reaper Foods Ltd's Hell Raiser - that one has won a few awards. I'm not familiar with the others, but chilli fudge is great, works really well together.
                          Yeah has won a few awards, just had it now, not much heat to it but not a bad taste.
                          Fudge was very nice and a fair whack of heat, as you say it goes very well together

Comment

There's a new player in town, it's Chilli Fiends - it's my new chilli news and review site, staffed by the ex-Chile Foundry writers due to the closure of that website.

Comment

Had a new delivery from Hot Headz ...

Those curry sauces are supposed to be very good and currently on sale.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 28-07-2014, 10:34.

Comment

Marty man.

On your new site can you also look at milder sauces?

I like a little bit of spice, about green Tabasco level, but all the stuff you test seem to power nuclear reactors.

There must be a market for people who aren't keen on sauces with names that contain words like "death", "lobotomy", "prolapse", "liquidiser", "regret" or "sterilisation".

Comment

Working...
                                X