No announcement yet.

Best chili pickles / sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long as the seeds haven't been frozen or crushed you might get them to germinate. I've saved some from the fresh chillies I've had, will be trying to get them to propagate shortly.

I'm going to try and grow a few different varieties this year: African Devil, Bhut Jolokia, Chiltepin, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Fatalii, Jalapenos, Mixed Habaneros, Mixed Scotch Bonnets, Morouga Red, Naga Morich, Padron, Rocoto Rojo, Thai Demon, Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow Seven Pot.

First time I've attempted the super-hots, but I had some success last year with a few plants, so we'll see.

Comment

I sampled the Pleasure & Pain's Divine Torture now, it was a bit of a scorcher. I wrote it up here.

I think the Wilbur is actually a little bit hotter, but it has a slightly better flavour. No getting away from the metallic taste of extract sauces though.

Comment

Some new stuff arrived last week - some interesting ones this time around, all from http://www.hot-headz.com/

New hot and spicy stuff by MartyPGBT, on Flickr

Comment

Hog's Ass...

Nice thread bump, reminds me I need to order some chilli sauce or I'll end up with Encora again lol.

Comment

It's a habanero based sauce, not tried it yet. The hottest one will be the Ass Kickin' Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce.

And yes forget the Encona, get yourself some of the Mr. Vikki's RSJ, Banana Habanero and Chipotle sauces and your tastebuds will thank you.

Comment

I was thinking of going for the chilli jam to start with. Not too hot and I can use it for all sorts of cooking After that I was thinking Hot Stuff sauce.

Comment

None of the ones I've listed above are anywhere near hot - but the chilli jam is excellent.

Comment

Now that was a pretty impressive Scotch Bonnet from Tescos.

Comment

Morrisons have some hotter fresh chillies in at the mo. Labelled up as Scotch Bonnets, however, be careful as these are in fact Fatali chillies and quite a bit hotter than SBs usually.

Scotch Bonnets? No Morrisons, Fatalis. by MartyPGBT, on Flickr

Comment

I'd definitely get down to Morrisons if you want some hot fresh chillies. They have loads at the mo ...

Fatalii by MartyPGBT, on Flickr

Comment

Waitrose have a 70g mix pack with (actually) Scotch Bonnet, Fresno and and Birds Eye.

Comment

The supermarkets seem to be cottoning on to the fact people like hot chillies. A year or so ago finding these in store would have been impossible.

Comment

I'm having this for lunch, **** me it's hot

Comment

Ah decent noodles - I get mine from here: http://www.waiyeehong.com/

Another box of hot sauces arrived for me today ... some interesting ones in this batch.

New hot sauces by MartyPGBT, on Flickr

Comment

Kettle Crisps Jalapeno.... Surprisingly hot. I would not give these to my kids, unlike the sweet chili one which they like

Comment

Working...
                                X