No announcement yet.

Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leviathan a really really good comic bit like lost but far far better (and a much better ending to i might add) would make a great film to

Strange tales of luther strode short series only sixe issues but very good and very violent aswell

Also would recommend the irredeemable and incorruptible series with recently have ended (though they both begin to tale off towards the end

Comment

My current reading list is:
      2000ad weekly
      judge dredd megazine (monthly)
      clint (every 6 weeks or so)
      before watchmen (weekly-ish)
      and new frontiers from comixology, which is great.

also the walking dead volumes, but theyre every 6 months or so. picked up the ltd ed of issue 100, but havnt cracked it open

Comment

Some good suggestions, team!

Currently working my way through Marvel's "Fear Itself".

Walking Dead 100 was good!

Comment

Another +1 vote for Chew.

Though I am a bit behind as I only ever buy the hardcovers. In this case the 'Omnivore' Editions! Only 2 so far.

Champing at the bit for Walking Dead HC8 too...will be a year before I get to read number 100 sadly but they look so good on the shelf its worth it in the end

Anyone got any recommendations on Batman stories? Dark Knight Rises got me in the mood for some more from Gotham!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Some good suggestions, team!

Currently working my way through Marvel's "Fear Itself".

Walking Dead 100 was good!
            Been looking at Fear itself recently but there seems so much to it that I haven't worked out whether to get it or not.
            Might read what I have here first & then see where we go.

Next batch of arrivals from my Ebay binge turned up today...

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
            Another +1 vote for Chew.

Though I am a bit behind as I only ever buy the hardcovers. In this case the 'Omnivore' Editions! Only 2 so far.

Champing at the bit for Walking Dead HC8 too...will be a year before I get to read number 100 sadly but they look so good on the shelf its worth it in the end

Anyone got any recommendations on Batman stories? Dark Knight Rises got me in the mood for some more from Gotham!!
            Hmmm Batman stuffs.

I'd recommend...

Knightfall
            Knightquest
            Hush
            RIP
            Killing Joke
            Man Who Laghs
            Gotham by Gaslight
            Arkham Asylum
            Long Halloween
            Dark Knight Returns
            Death in the Family

That should keep you going for a bit

Neil

Comment

There is a Batman thread with lots of good suggestions, but basically, it's everything Soundwave just suggested and "Year One".

Comment

Just noticed I have The Killing Joke on my shelf...so off to bed with that and a list for Amazon!

Picked up over a grand this week after 7 straight 12 hour days so am ready for a good old splurge on comics and air max hyperfuse trainers!

Comment

Here's todays new arrivals...

Hulk-a-thon lol

Neil

Comment

Nice!

When I've finally trawled through the 135 comics of Fear Itself, I'm looking forward to starting the Hulk reboot.
                    Hulk Vs. Doom issue 3
                    Hulk Vs. Punisher issue 8

Comment

Just read through batman: earth one. Did it in one sitting, fantastic stuff

Comment

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, Top Cow are running a fantastic Kickstarter at the moment:

They're using the money to fund a return of the Cyberforce team but what's unique here is that once the pledge drive is over and the comics complete they will be given away free in both digital and physical form. Seems the purest use of the service I've seen in a while. Cover art looks amazing too.

Comment

My latest arrivals...

That should be it for a while now...although after reading Ultimate Galactus I'm in the mood for some more Ultimate titles so might look for some cheapies.

Neil

Comment

I've read 1 and 2, and they're not quite like any other graphic novel I've read. They're awesome and the art style is fantastic...

Here's a panel where the kid (can't remember his name) has opened his head with a key, and is looking inside into his own head/ memories.

I have a brand new hardback one going for cheap on ebay if anyone's interested in it too
                            Last edited by Synthesthesia; 13-08-2012, 22:56.

Comment

During my little jaunt down to London last week 'I was allowed' to pay a visit to the Forbidden Planet Mega Store. Yay!

Now I have seen these for sale in WH Smiths (fortnightly), but for some reason I have always passed them by. At present the series is upto issue 16, but in FP I bought Issue 1.

A couple of hours later, I caved in and went back to buy a few more issues.

Now playing catch up in buying the issues from 8 to 16, of which I've got a couple coming in the post.

I intend on getting the whole collection, tho' I don't want to think about the total outlay once complete (60 issues x ?10 each ).

DO. NOT. TELL. THE. WIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                                During my little jaunt down to London last week 'I was allowed' to pay a visit to the Forbidden Planet Mega Store. Yay!

Now I have seen these for sale in WH Smiths (fortnightly), but for some reason I have always passed them by. At present the series is upto issue 16, but in FP I bought Issue 1.

A couple of hours later, I caved in and went back to buy a few more issues.

Now playing catch up in buying the issues from 8 to 16, of which I've got a couple coming in the post.

I intend on getting the whole collection, tho' I don't want to think about the total outlay once complete (60 issues x ?10 each ).

DO. NOT. TELL. THE. WIFE.
                                Congrats on the pick ups so far Grover.

You have some treats in store over the coming months...Secret Invasion has been announced for Volume 58 for example
                                I have in TPB but I'll be more than tempted to double dip for the Hardback.

Haven't got any of the myself but the Winter Soldier, Ultimates & Thor Reborn all pique my interest so would like to hear your impressions when you have read them

Anyway well done again on picking them up.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X