Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ta matey.

I'll be commencing on Issue 1 over the next couple of days. Got a lot of reading to get through!

I'll try and write up a small review of each one as I go along.

Comment

Nice price for hardbacks, how many issues does each one collect? I'm not really into the Marvel or DC Universes much myself but if any of those work well as standalone pieces might be intrigued to pick up the odd one (it's the crossovers and over reuse that gets me, actually like most the characters themselves though).

Comment

Avery - each novel has a different amount of issues within it, depending on the paticular storyline it's retelling.

This wiki details all the storylines for each novel released so far.

Forgot to mention. The spine on each novel is one part of a big panoramic scene done by Garbriele Dell'Otto, which looks fab.

Scroll to the bottom of the link for a view.

Comment

You've done a bad thing to me Grover... I saw the first issue in the post office and managed to walk away, but you may have tempted me. I generally prefer DC over Marvel, but if these are all standalone, quality stories I may end up caving!

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
            You've done a bad thing to me Grover... I saw the first issue in the post office and managed to walk away, but you may have tempted me. I generally prefer DC over Marvel, but if these are all standalone, quality stories I may end up caving!
            I'm hoping they do this next year with DC
            They originally did the figurine collection with Marvel then started DC a year or so later
            Fingers crossed this goes the same way

Neil

Comment

I've been wanting to get back into Hellblazer since Peter Milligan took over and finally picked up the five most recent trades today. Going to start collecting the monthlies too I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                I'm hoping they do this next year with DC
                They originally did the figurine collection with Marvel then started DC a year or so later
                Fingers crossed this goes the same way

Neil
                Gutted that I missed out on the Marvel figure collection. Some of them are really well done, the only downside is the price of them, even more so the oversize figures which are about ?30 each. I think that they are about issue 180!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                  Gutted that I missed out on the Marvel figure collection. Some of them are really well done, the only downside is the price of them, even more so the oversize figures which are about ?30 each. I think that they are about issue 180!!
                  If you want any in particular let me know...my LCS still have a few & all are at RRP so I might get lucky & be able to grab you some

I started with the DC one's but gave up quite quickly as it was getting expensive

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                    Yes bud, each novel is a standalone story arc, so there is no need to worry about missing out on a issue in a storyline.

We are upto issue 16, so it appears you are a few issues behind us!

If you want me to detail what's in any particular issue (that's been released, obviously), let me know and I'll do some investigative journalism!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      If you want any in particular let me know...my LCS still have a few & all are at RRP so I might get lucky & be able to grab you some

I started with the DC one's but gave up quite quickly as it was getting expensive

Neil
                      Sounds good mate. If you can find out what they've got and we'll go from there .

The only problem with these type of collections is because of my OCD/Nerdish tendencies, I'll want/need to have the whole goddam collection.

Financial meltdown ahoy!

Comment

Sounds good mate. If you can find out what they've got and we'll go from there .

The only problem with these type of collections is because of my OCD/Nerdish tendencies, I'll want/need to have the whole goddam collection.

Financial meltdown ahoy!
                        No worries buddy...I'm in there tomorrow spending a small fortune so will see if I can get a list for you.

Lol I'll try to be good & keep the list small for you

Neil

Comment

I was up to about 110 and sold the lot in a huge bulk, honestly not as cool as you think, take up a lot of space once you have a few and don't look that good.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                            I was up to about 110 and sold the lot in a huge bulk, honestly not as cool as you think, take up a lot of space once you have a few and don't look that good.
                            Well thanks for letting me know.

I have seen a few figures and thought they looked ok, but seeing as you had a ton of them, I'll heed your words of advice.

Tbh, I'm glad they are not too hot, as that means I can use my funds for other purchases.

Thanks for the heads up matey.

Comment

Well thanks for letting me know.

I have seen a few figures and thought they looked ok, but seeing as you had a ton of them, I'll heed your words of advice.

Tbh, I'm glad they are not too hot, as that means I can use my funds for other purchases.

Thanks for the heads up matey.
                              Put your money towards a proper statue

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                                Put your money towards a proper statue
                                Lol sounds like a plan.

I did have a look & there were far less than I remembered & nothing stood out too much apart from Terrax & Mojo.

Anyway today I picked this up...

Visionaries volume 1

Can finally see the origin of Beta Ray Bill now

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X