No announcement yet.

Ebay advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can go into Paypal and open a dispute which will first give him the option to refund you and eBay will be notified of the refund when it's settled. You can also enter tracking details for the return postage there. Or in "My eBay" there should be drop down arrow and something like "report a problem" (if not it will be in "Help") there's an option for the item being faulty/not as described. I've only ever done this as a seller but it should be the same as a buyer.

You are always entitled to a refund on eBay for merchandise not as described (i.e. not working), Paypal will just take the money off the seller if you open a dispute and they don't respond/accept a return. That option on eBay just means he won't accept a return if you buy clothing in the wrong size or you don't like the item or it's an NTSC console when you wanted PAL etc.

Edit: Also I imagine the seller is requesting this as he wants his eBay fees refunded (which a dispute process does) so I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. He's lazy for not just doing it himself though. Neg feedback him afterwards haha.
    Last edited by Pikate; 18-01-2013, 09:23.

Comment

Re: Ebay advice needed

Thanks, Pikate, but I can't do it that way because the seller listed it as "no returns".

I'm having to send it back recorded delivery as eBay have washed their hands of it. Boo!

Comment

"No returns" in the listing means jack. You can return it regardless. Odd that eBay are not seeing it that way.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          "No returns" in the listing means jack. You can return it regardless. Odd that eBay are not seeing it that way.
          Yeah, Paypal will ignore the crap out of that. For all their faults they offer great (albeit strange) buyer protection tools. For example I once bought a handbag that turned out to be fake, the seller ignored me and Paypal just told me to destroy it and send pictures of it to them then they refunded me straight away. Was actually quite fun.

Comment

Working...
          X