Subbuteo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Lol & just how painful was it when you stood on a player barefooted???
    Apart from treadin on an upturned plug that one is way up there for me

I hate to think how many player got snapped during our world cup campaigns.

Neil
    YES, the barefoot business of stepping on the players! I alwasy remember feeling two things angry with the pain, and angry with the fact I just killed a member of the team!

I have the bog standard club edition from the late 80s, but my bro had an earlier edition from the late 70s/early 80s (i think) which IIRC had more 'bells and whistles'...

I still have the full squad of WEST Germany and Tottenham Hotspurs lol. Both are mint and in box IIRC. I didn't see the use in using them in the end as they played the same as my standard blues and reds But I do rememeber drooling over a goalkeeper wit ha cap on, as a kid... It was a case of 'oooh he is different, must have...' I also rememebr spending hours drooling over pictures of other setups available, but never got to buy them, as they were often too expensive for the chump change in my pocket to afford.

To this day I don't think me and my bro have ever played a game properly following the rules according to the manual...

Comment

Lol I'm sure my mate went off in tears one time when he broke a figure from his brand new team.

Yeah I don't think I ever noticed any difference in the teams I just bought them so I had different clubs for competitions

Oh yes the catalogues & leaflets were brimming with sweet setups that I aspired to but never managed on my meagre pocket money.

I don't think we followed the exact rules but we definitely played the 3 flicks & handball rules other than that it was a free for all with tackling etc. lol

Comment

3 flicks. That sounds better. Ah the catalogue that came in the box. Havent looked at it in years as I no longer have it but I remember every page photogenically. Says a lot about how much I looked at that badboy. Just didnt have the room for the full stadium etc... did have the score board though!

EDIT: And fences!!!!

Comment

I was always buying Stadium pieces but never used them...having to put the stuff up & take it down all time meant that it really wasn't worth the effort (much like my extra pieces on my Scalextric) & it used to get in the way.

I'm sure I never got any fence pieces though they were just too much hassle for having to keep putting back up after throw ins

Comment

My best mate and his dad used to be into Subbuteo big time. I remember calling on him before school most days and the two of them would be finishing off a game on while trying to eat breakfast, mum going mental shouting at them to hurry up otherwise they'd be late for work/school. They used to follow the rules exactly and would not be impressed when I started flicking the players around randomly!

It also brings back other fond memories - collecting Panini stickers and Tomy Super Cup Football which I loved even though it was a noisy SOB.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
              It also brings back other fond memories - collecting Panini stickers and Tomy Super Cup Football which I loved even though it was a noisy SOB.

I used to play that Tomy Football game loads with my brother when I was a kid, it was great from what I remember!

Comment

That Tomy Football game is aces. Wasn't if bloody noisy tho.

Smallest balls ever. Thanks god it came with a fair few.

Its one great game.

Comment

My old Tommy Super Cup football is now in my classroom at school and the kids play it when it is a wet play. I have to keep the balls with me though, otherwise they would lose them.

Comment

SUBBUTEO IS BACK.

Comment

Subbeteo is totally wank. I had a set, some extra teams, the grandstand and I think I played it once. Tomy Super Cup Football on the other hand was legendary. Ran out of batteries often and was noisy as parkinho says.

Comment

I remember the Tomy advert on tv cunningly made it look like it had real electronic scoreboards. The game was still ace. But you could lose the balls incredibly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                          AWESOME!!!!

Great to see it coming back properly...none of that cardboard crap they had up until recently.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                          X